Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2011-11-10"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
(Minutes)
Line 24: Line 24:
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
 +
 
* logistics
 
* logistics
** detailed conversation log: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2011-11-03.log
+
** detailed conversation log: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2011-11-10.log
** Attending:  
+
** Attending: mpg, Mark (dropped off at 0:45), Jo, Frank, Arnulf, Daniel, Jeff, Tim
** Regrets:  
+
** Also attending: Tyler
** Absent:  
+
** Regrets: Peter
** Chair:  
+
** Absent: (none)
** Scribe:  
+
** Chair: Arnulf
 +
** Scribe: mpg
 +
 
 +
* roll call
 +
 
 +
* review past minutes
 +
** approved
 +
 
 +
* items carried over from last meeting
 +
** codesprint guidelines approved
 +
** RCMRD MOU
 +
*** seems no interest their side
 +
*** '''Frank''' will try to contact, carry over to next time
 +
** conf call options
 +
*** Peter out, defer
 +
** review Tyler's task list
 +
*** most pressing items seem to be already being handled
 +
*** treasurer transition not yet completed
 +
*** CRM working
 +
*** Tyler mailing mpg some hardcopy stuff
 +
*** phone number for DNS, etc - mpg cell for now, '''mpg''' to get google voice for this
 +
* reviewing the ED xfer list
 +
** https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AueqfMuYE6JYdGY0QnlBajdINGlSNTI0QkE2S2RNTEE&hl=en_US#gid=0
 +
** remaining holes are SAC, finances, maybe some MarCom
 +
 
 +
* approve Jody as Incubation Chair
 +
** approved
 +
 
 +
* motion for NA chapter
 +
** much discussion
 +
** agreed to defer; Mark follow up on emails
 +
 
 +
* Beijing 2012 event
 +
** Jeff to prepare a proposal to discuss with Beijing and Board, the spirit of which is:
 +
*** there is a perceived lack of communications from the LOC which has us concerned
 +
*** also, we know there are lots of logistics we (Board, prior LOC experienced people) can help out with
 +
*** we are considering hiring Jeff to do this
 +
** '''Jeff''' to report back on 17th
 +
** Gary Sherman notes the need for openness and public discussion, due to obvious possible conflict of interest
 +
*** '''Arnulf''' to send board mtg email to disucss list w/in 1 week
 +
 
 +
* Geospatial Media offer to join organizing the Open Source track at Geospatial World Forum in Amsterdam
 +
** Arnulf to own this
 +
 
 +
* Need to simplify our bylaws
 +
** need a team with at least one board member to review current bylaws, solicit general membership, make recommendations for changes
 +
** Jo to lead this team
 +
** bylaws changes to find a way to fix board voting procedures
 +
 
 +
* webcom redesign issue
 +
** moved to sac/webcom, no board action to be taken
 +
 
 +
* contact point for sponsorships?
 +
** will be arnulf for now
 +
** may hand off/rotate in time
 +
 
 +
* additional items
 +
** '''mpg''' to send out email with all motions
  
  
Line 36: Line 94:
 
==== Motions ====
 
==== Motions ====
  
# approval of previous meeting's minutes (m/ Daniel, 2/ Jeff, all +1)
+
# approval of previous meeting's minutes - m/Daniel, 2/Frank, all +1
# appoint mpg as secretary (m/ Daniel, 2/ Peter, all +1)
+
# codesprint guidelines approved - m/Frank, 2/mpg, all +1
# close meeting (m/ Frank, 2/ mpg, all +1)
+
# approve Jody as Incubation Chair - m/Daniel, 2/Arnulf, all +1
 +
# Jo to serve as chair of bylaws task force - m/mpg, 2/Frank, all +1
 +
# close meeting [not voted]

Revision as of 12:27, 10 November 2011


This board meeting is scheduled for the 10th of November 2011 at 17:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype.

Agenda

  • Review past minutes: Board Meeting 2011-10-05
  • Appoint secretary
  • Action items from last meeting
    1. mpg: remove last line from codesprint guidelines [done]
    2. Peter: make mission text same on all pages
    3. Jeff/Tim: draft RCMRD MOU
    4. Peter: look into conf call options
    5. All: review Tyler's task list and prioritize, mark for budget if outsourcing is the option
  • (Motion to) accept Jody Garnett as new Incubation Committee chair replacing Daniel Morissette
  • (Motion to) establish a North America Region Chapter OSGeo-NA
  • Discuss how to proceed with FOSS4G 2012 in Beijing.
  • Geospatial Media offer to join organizing the Open Source track at Geospatial World Forum in Amsterdam (see mail)
  • Review, simplify and harmonize OSGeo Bylaws, guidelines and OSGeo Constitution
  • Review What's_Not_Working and What's Working (last edits from 2006) and update or delete (not sure whether we need this pages).
  • Task WebCom (if still alive) with web site redesign, see also http://www3.osgeo.org/ and WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus#All_Together_Now
  • Initial contact point for sponsorship requests and follow-ups.
  • please add items

Minutes

  • roll call
  • review past minutes
    • approved
  • items carried over from last meeting
    • codesprint guidelines approved
    • RCMRD MOU
      • seems no interest their side
      • Frank will try to contact, carry over to next time
    • conf call options
      • Peter out, defer
    • review Tyler's task list
      • most pressing items seem to be already being handled
      • treasurer transition not yet completed
      • CRM working
      • Tyler mailing mpg some hardcopy stuff
      • phone number for DNS, etc - mpg cell for now, mpg to get google voice for this
  • reviewing the ED xfer list
  • approve Jody as Incubation Chair
    • approved
  • motion for NA chapter
    • much discussion
    • agreed to defer; Mark follow up on emails
  • Beijing 2012 event
    • Jeff to prepare a proposal to discuss with Beijing and Board, the spirit of which is:
      • there is a perceived lack of communications from the LOC which has us concerned
      • also, we know there are lots of logistics we (Board, prior LOC experienced people) can help out with
      • we are considering hiring Jeff to do this
    • Jeff to report back on 17th
    • Gary Sherman notes the need for openness and public discussion, due to obvious possible conflict of interest
      • Arnulf to send board mtg email to disucss list w/in 1 week
  • Geospatial Media offer to join organizing the Open Source track at Geospatial World Forum in Amsterdam
    • Arnulf to own this
  • Need to simplify our bylaws
    • need a team with at least one board member to review current bylaws, solicit general membership, make recommendations for changes
    • Jo to lead this team
    • bylaws changes to find a way to fix board voting procedures
  • webcom redesign issue
    • moved to sac/webcom, no board action to be taken
  • contact point for sponsorships?
    • will be arnulf for now
    • may hand off/rotate in time
  • additional items
    • mpg to send out email with all motions


Motions

  1. approval of previous meeting's minutes - m/Daniel, 2/Frank, all +1
  2. codesprint guidelines approved - m/Frank, 2/mpg, all +1
  3. approve Jody as Incubation Chair - m/Daniel, 2/Arnulf, all +1
  4. Jo to serve as chair of bylaws task force - m/mpg, 2/Frank, all +1
  5. close meeting [not voted]