Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2013-06-13"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
(Minutes: (draft))
Line 22: Line 22:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Attending:
+
* Attending: Frank, Jeff, Jachym, Cameron, Anne, Peter, Daniel
* Presiding:  
+
 
* Scribing:  
+
* Presiding: Jeff
 +
 
 +
* Scribing: Michael
  
 
=== Assigned Tasks ===
 
=== Assigned Tasks ===
  
*  
+
* Frank to created SDI mailing list
 +
 
  
 
=== Motions ===
 
=== Motions ===
Line 36: Line 39:
 
=== Full, raw minutes notes ===
 
=== Full, raw minutes notes ===
  
*  
+
* [2:02] start
 +
 
 +
* roll: Frank, Jeff, Jachym, Cameron, Aanne, peter, Daniel
 +
 
 +
* MOTION: approve last minutes (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-05-09)
 +
** 1/anne, 2/jachym, all +1
 +
 
 +
* [2:03] scribe to be more careful transcribing motions
 +
 
 +
* [2:06] GRASS code sprint support
 +
** http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2013-June/010812.html
 +
** asking for US$750
 +
** discussion of need to follow guidelines for transpearnecy
 +
** MOTION: To grant $750USD for this event with the expectation that financial report will be provided back to the board on completion.
 +
*** Anne/1, mpg/2, Daniel/+0, others +1
 +
 
 +
* [2:16] Begin plans for Board and Charter member elections
 +
** will ideally be before FOSS4G -- usually they take place from June to August
 +
** discussing suggestions for CROs, noted should not be board member (could be retiring board member)
 +
** seven suggested, accepts
 +
** mpg volunteers to assist
 +
** MOTION to appoint Arnulf Christl as CRO for 2013 Charter Member and Board election, with goal to have both done by September
 +
Daniel/1, Jeff/2, all +1
 +
 
 +
[2:22] Discussion on new possible Standards committee, to work with OGC
 +
side mention of OSGeo advocate role -- suggest considering OSGeo Advocate refresh at the same time as Charter member, to be discussed later
 +
topic deferred to standards list
 +
 
 +
[2:25] brief update on FOSS4G in Nottingha
 +
going well, 300 registrations to date (break-even tought to be around 500)
 +
no questions for LOC
 +
request to plug event at CEE - Jeff to follow up w/ jachym
 +
 
 +
[2:32] Possible OGC Board and OSGeo Board informal meeting in Nottingham (S.Feldman's idea)
 +
OGC board in town for AGI event
 +
Suchith has even volunteered to organize an informal get-together for osgeo board
 +
noted that new board new members will be official at that time
 +
suchith and steven waiting for OSGeo backing before contacting OGC board
 +
side discussion of funding board members to attend foos4g, f2f mtg
 +
MOTION: I move that OSGeo approach OGC to set up a meeting, and that seven be tasked with the responsiblity of sorting out details of the meeting.
 +
Cameron/1, mpg/2, all +1
 +
 
 +
[2:53] OSGeo appearance at INSPIRE conference
 +
there were 2 proposals from OSGeo: paper and "jrc-osgeo ping-pong workshop"
 +
("jrc-osgeo ping-pong workshop": means "dialog between OSGeo and Joint Research Centre")
 +
presentation was NOT accepted; workshop, after discussion and organisation, was
 +
presetnation could be poster - suggestion marketing work to produce poster
 +
 
 +
[2:59] OSGeo SDI committee
 +
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SDI_Committee
 +
MOTION: create a list for them, let them choose to make a formal committee revquest if they feel they want/need to
 +
mpg/1, jachym/2, all +1
 +
 
 +
MOTION: adjourn
 +
mpg/1, all +1
 +
 
  
  
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2013]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2013]]

Revision as of 17:18, 13 June 2013

This board meeting is scheduled for the 13th of June 2013 at 20.00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.


Agenda

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2013-05-09
  • GRASS code sprint support (request)
  • Begin plans for Board and Charter member elections
    • Including refreshing OSGeo Advocate page. (raised by Cameron Shorter)
  • Discussion on new possible Standards committee, to work with OGC
  • Brief update on FOSS4G in Nottingham
  • Possible OGC Board and OSGeo Board informal meeting in Nottingham (S.Feldman's idea)
  • OSGeo appearance at INSPIRE conference - 2013 and future --Jachym 01:36, 6 June 2013 (PDT)
  • OSGeo SDI committee --Jachym 01:37, 6 June 2013 (PDT)
  • Board, please clarify (brief) - is FOSS4G a trademark? Does the OSGeo Logo and brand appear at FOSS4G events ? --darkblue_b 08:20, 6 June 2013 (PDT)
  • add your items here
  • Decide on who to report this meeting summary to the Discuss list
  • Schedule next meeting

Minutes

  • Attending: Frank, Jeff, Jachym, Cameron, Anne, Peter, Daniel
  • Presiding: Jeff
  • Scribing: Michael

Assigned Tasks

  • Frank to created SDI mailing list


Motions

Full, raw minutes notes

  • [2:02] start
  • roll: Frank, Jeff, Jachym, Cameron, Aanne, peter, Daniel
  • [2:03] scribe to be more careful transcribing motions
  • [2:06] GRASS code sprint support
    • http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2013-June/010812.html
    • asking for US$750
    • discussion of need to follow guidelines for transpearnecy
    • MOTION: To grant $750USD for this event with the expectation that financial report will be provided back to the board on completion.
      • Anne/1, mpg/2, Daniel/+0, others +1
  • [2:16] Begin plans for Board and Charter member elections
    • will ideally be before FOSS4G -- usually they take place from June to August
    • discussing suggestions for CROs, noted should not be board member (could be retiring board member)
    • seven suggested, accepts
    • mpg volunteers to assist
    • MOTION to appoint Arnulf Christl as CRO for 2013 Charter Member and Board election, with goal to have both done by September

Daniel/1, Jeff/2, all +1

[2:22] Discussion on new possible Standards committee, to work with OGC

side mention of OSGeo advocate role -- suggest considering OSGeo Advocate refresh at the same time as Charter member, to be discussed later
topic deferred to standards list
[2:25] brief update on FOSS4G in Nottingha
going well, 300 registrations to date (break-even tought to be around 500)
no questions for LOC
request to plug event at CEE - Jeff to follow up w/ jachym
[2:32] Possible OGC Board and OSGeo Board informal meeting in Nottingham (S.Feldman's idea)

OGC board in town for AGI event Suchith has even volunteered to organize an informal get-together for osgeo board noted that new board new members will be official at that time suchith and steven waiting for OSGeo backing before contacting OGC board side discussion of funding board members to attend foos4g, f2f mtg MOTION: I move that OSGeo approach OGC to set up a meeting, and that seven be tasked with the responsiblity of sorting out details of the meeting. Cameron/1, mpg/2, all +1

[2:53] OSGeo appearance at INSPIRE conference there were 2 proposals from OSGeo: paper and "jrc-osgeo ping-pong workshop" ("jrc-osgeo ping-pong workshop": means "dialog between OSGeo and Joint Research Centre") presentation was NOT accepted; workshop, after discussion and organisation, was presetnation could be poster - suggestion marketing work to produce poster

[2:59] OSGeo SDI committee http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SDI_Committee MOTION: create a list for them, let them choose to make a formal committee revquest if they feel they want/need to mpg/1, jachym/2, all +1

MOTION: adjourn mpg/1, all +1