Revision as of 08:43, 13 June 2012 by Tschaub (This link resolves to the same as the one below. Removing it as redundant.)
This is a DRAFT version and has not yet been approved! All dates are preliminary.
This election schedule has been approved by vote on the board mailing list (add link).
- 1 Charter Member Election
- 2 Board Election
Charter Member Election
In 2012 we are adding up to 20 new Charter Members to the Foundation.
- Official list of Charter Members as of 2011.
- Full details of the New Membership Process.
- The New Member Nominations 2011 provide an illustration.
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer.
Nominate new Charter Members: 2012-06-22 to 2012-06-29
- Please confirm with the nominated person first.
- Please email email@example.com with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- Please also feel free to cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - firstname.lastname@example.org - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- The list of nominees will be compiled at: New Member Nominations 2012
Vote for new Charter Members: 2012-07-06 to 2012-07-20
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote!
- Please email email@example.com with a list of names 20 lines long (one vote per new member slot)
- You can vote for 20 different people, or the same person 20 times, or any balance in between.
Final Status: 2012-07-22
- The new charter members for 2012 are (in alphabetical order):
- Name Name
- The list of nominees is at New Member Nominations 2012
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 5 seats up for election this year.
- Arnulf Christl, Frank Warmerdam, Daniel Morissette, Tim Schaub have reached the end of their 2-year term and Jeff McKenna decided to step down in February 2012 before his regular term ended. Board members wishing to stand in the 2012 election must receive a nomination, like any other candidate.
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are Peter Batty, Jo Cook, Michael Gerlek, and Mark Lucas.
Nominate new Board Members - 2012-07-23 - 2012-08-01
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member.
- Email a nomination, consisting of name, current country of residence and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 (your time zone) on Sunday 1st August 2012
- Please also cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - email@example.com - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- Remember that only Charter Members of OSGeo are eligible for a seat on the Board
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2012
Vote for new Board Members - 2011-08-03 - 2011-08-12
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote.
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2012 list.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of names up to 5 lines long (one vote per board slot).
- You can cast up to 5 votes, for 5 different people. Multiple votes for one person will be counted as one vote.
- Voting closes at 23:59 (your timezone) 19-August-2012.
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2012 Results.
- Contact email@example.com with questions.