FOSS4G2011 OSGeo Booth
Event Contact: Tyler Mitchell...
Official schedule on FOSS4G site posted here. All hours are flexible and not considered mandatory. Wednesday evening is the main time to target. Exhibit hall is integrated into the venue, so is never really "closed".
Summary of schedule is:
|Tues Sep 13th||1-5pm||Move in/set up during this time|
|Wed Sep 14th||9:30am-6pm||Regular hours, sessions running, etc.|
|Thurs Sep 15th||9:30am-6pm||Regular hours|
|Fri Sep 16th||9:30am-1pm||Regular hours|
Sign up for an hour or so here:
- Arnulf Christl will be at the booth for 2h each day. Once we have several volunteers we should set up a time table to better coordinate.
- Robert Hollingsworth I'm available for booth time on all exhibit days. Would like to see how exhibit schedule intersects (specific) presentations and other activities when setting times.
- mpg will be attending and would be happy to do some booth duty
- Raj Singh will help man the booth and will also have some OGC material available.
- Massimo Di Stefano I'll be at the Sheraton starting from monday at noon, i can help spending 1h per day or more according on the needs.
- please add yourself
|Day||Hours||Booth Team (two each slot)...|
|Tues Sep 13th||1-5pm||Set up - half an hour||Alex, Robert (around 3pm), Epifanio, Astrid|
|Wed Sep 14th||9:30-11:30am||Regular hours||...|
|11:30am-2pm||Regular hours||Robert ,|
|6-7pm (1 hour slot)||Exhibitor reception||Arnulf Epifanio|
|7-8pm (1 hour slot)||Exhibitor reception||...|
|Thu Sep 15th||9:30-11:30am||Regular hours||Daniel|
|Fri Sep 16th||9:30-11:30am||Regular hours||...|
What kind of equipment should be available? How large is the booth footprint? Will internet taps be available?
Basic Booth Includes: 8’x10’ exhibit space Pipe and drape, 8’ back and 3’ sides 1 table 2 chairs Wireless internet 2 booth personnel passes
- OSGeo booth will be double-width - so 8x20' with two tables, 4 chairs.
- Volunteers should bring their own laptop if possible. Maybe have a larger desktop monitor there too. Or projector? (or JumboTron...)
- Pop-up Banner: Robert Hollingsworth shipped the banner, it is available behind the black curtain at Registration
- Consider adding 1 "discussion" pedestal table and chairs?
- Monitor rental?
What handouts will be available, who/where will they be printed?
- Brochures, sponsorship postcards, business info cards - Tyler/Robert shipping to GITA, will be available at event registration
- Poster showing sponsors! - to be printed
What kinds of live demonstrations or recorded examples can be played at the booth? Where can they be downloaded from or who can run them?
- If there are multiple booth volunteers, therefore multiple laptops, might simplify by having canned demos/videos, manual demos, and associated data living on a server somewhere.
- OSGeo Live - Everyone is getting a DVD or USB in their bag, so either boot from media or run in a Virtual Machine.
Review in case of updates or additions
- OSSIMPlanet video with sound (181MB)
- GRASS historical Video from '87 - William Shatner narrates (60MB)
- Italian OSGeo chapter youtube video Can we get a full res copy of this?
- gvSIG OpenMoko youtube vid. High res copy?
- gvSIG Day's 11 Video (not too techie, but nice)
gvSIG Days '07 Video.