Tuesday October 20th through Friday October 23rd, 2009
FOSS4G, the annual conference attracting the best of Geospatial Open Source users and developers, will meet in Sydney, Australia in 2009.
Sydney's mild climate, beautiful harbor, golden beaches, spacious parks, outdoor lifestyle, affordability and proximity to attractions like the Great Barrier Reef will ensure your conference will be a memorable one.
The conference theme, User Driven, will extend the gathering of the tribes vibe to embrace users and users' case studies.
- Email lists:
- public mailing list
- workshop committee list (for public communications between presenters and committee)
- organizing committee private list (for sensitive commercial discussions only).
- CCIP List for discussing the Climate Challenge Integration Plugfest
- OSGeo International List to discuss translations and marketing FOSS4G, in particular within our region.
- Budget approvals Private archive of all Chair/Treasurer purchase approvals.
- IRC: irc://freenode.net#foss4g
Links (full list at Category:FOSS4G2009 )
- Get Involved (Add your name to some of the following activities)
- Subversion repository of documents: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2009/
- TODO List
- Press Releases
- Call for research papers
- Program and details about selecting the program
- Organising Committee Meetings
- Lessons Learned
- Marketing (Web banners, fliers, articles, etc)
- Marketing Plan
- Sydney Convention Center Rooms
- Venue Planning
- Conference Dinner
- Social Activities
- Abstract Submission Software
- Australia/New Zealand local OSGeo chapter
- Google Analytics: Website metrics, public firstname.lastname@example.org, password=foss4g2009
- Registration and Sponsorship Metrics from 2006-2009.