FOSS4G 2009 Press Release 17
Sent to proposed abstract authors.
Get your friends to vote for your FOSS4G abstract
Sydney, Australia. 15 June 2009.
With 170 quality abstracts vying for 96 slots at the international FOSS4G conference, there is a lot competition for air-time. Some innovative presenters are stacking the odds in their favour by inviting their friends to vote for their presentation on their blogs and email lists.
If you have submitted a presentation, I'd encourage you to do the same, and don't forget to give FOSS4G a plug while you are at it.
To vote, follow the link here: http://2009.foss4g.org/presentations/
For instructions on how to vote, please refer to the voting page on the Conference website or http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Program#Presentation_Voting
Upcoming FOSS4G milestones
- 15-28 June 2009, Abstract Voting is Open
- 31 Jul 2009, Early registration deadline
- 14 Sep 2009, Completed program available
- 20 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Workshop
- 21-23 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Presentations and Tutorials
- 24 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Code Sprint
- Position Magazine: http://www.positionmag.com.au/
- Asian Surveying and Mapping Newsletter: http://www.asmmag.com
- Geoconnexions Magazine: http://www.geoconnexion.com/
- Directions Magazine: http://directionsmag.com/
- GIS Development: http://gisdevelopment.net/
- Baliz Media: http://www.BALIZ-MEDIA.com/
For more information or to keep informed from the FOSS4G Organising Committee, join our announcement list or twitter feed at: http://2009.foss4g.org/contacts/
Cameron Shorter, Chair of the FOSS4G Organising Committee and Geospatial Systems Architect at LISAsoft
c a m e r o n . s h o r t e r @ l i s a s o f t . c o m
A number of abstract authors noted concern about potential bias that can be brought to bare by stacking the foss4g voting system after reading this press release. Future conferences should consider this.