FOSS4G 2009 Press Release 21
Translations at: FOSS4G 2009 Press Release 21 Translations
FOSS4G Abstracts announced + Early Bird registration looming
Sydney, Australia. 20 July 2009. http://2009.foss4g.org
A comprehensive list of presentations has been announced for the international Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial conference, in Sydney, Australia, 20-23 October 2009.
Abstracts presented by the world's best Developers, Policy Makers, Sponsors and Geospatial Professionals include the latest geospatial applications, standards, government programs, business processes and case studies.
Topics include mobile platforms, location based applications, crowd sourcing, cloud computing, development, spatial standards, integration of cross-agency data, Spatial Data Infrastructures, Sensor Webs, Web Processing Services, Integration of Open Source and Proprietary Software and more.
For the full list of quality abstracts, view: http://2009.foss4g.org/presentations/
Community participation in the abstract selection was impressive, with over 150 community members selecting 85 general track abstracts from the 183 submitted and a further 12 academic abstracts selected by 52 academic peers.
Early Bird Registration
After getting inspired from the breadth of abstracts, be sure to register for the FOSS4G conference. Early Bird registration closes in just over two weeks, on 7 August, 2009. http://2009.foss4g.org/registration/
- 7 Aug 2009, Early bird registration deadline
- 14 Sep 2009, Completed program available
- 20 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Workshop
- 21-23 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Presentations and Tutorials
- 24 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Code Sprint
- Position Magazine: http://www.positionmag.com.au/
- Asian Surveying and Mapping Newsletter: http://www.asmmag.com
- Geoconnexions Magazine: http://www.geoconnexion.com/
- Directions Magazine: http://directionsmag.com/
- GIS Development: http://gisdevelopment.net/
- Baliz Media: http://www.BALIZ-MEDIA.com/
For more information or to keep informed from the FOSS4G Organising Committee, join our email list or twitter feed at: http://2009.foss4g.org/contacts/
Cameron Shorter, Chair of the FOSS4G Organising Committee and Geospatial Systems Architect at LISAsoft
c a m e r o n . s h o r t e r @ l i s a s o f t . c o m