FOSS4G 2009 Press Release 41
Distributation: as wide as possible, foss4g2009-announce
Translation are available here : FOSS4G_2009_Press_Release_41_Translations
FOSS4G Videos and Presentations online
Sydney, Australia. 7 December 2009. http://2009.foss4g.org
Presentations, videos and posters from the international conference for Free and Open Source Software for GeoSpatial are now online. So if you missed the conference, or couldn't attend all the sessions, you now have a second chance to participate. In particular, I strongly recommend viewing Paul Ramsey's thought provoking and entertaining keynote speech, " Beyond Nerds Bearing Gifts: The Future of the Open Source Economy", http://2009.foss4g.org/speakers/#Paul_Ramsey .
Almost all presentations, tutorials and workshop material has been collected, and we have videos of 2/3 of all the presentations.
- Presentations, workshops and tutorials and videos are linked from abstract descriptions at: http://2009.foss4g.org/schedule/ .
- Videos can also be found at: http://blip.tv/search?q=fosslc
- Posters: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Posters
- Ignight Spatial lightening talk videos: http://www.ignitespatial.com/?page_id=181
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/foss4g2009/
FOSS4G is an international Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial conference, which was held in Sydney, Australia, 20-23 October 2009. FOSS4G offered presentations, workshops, demos, an install-fest, and a code sprint. It was presented by the world's best Developers, Policy Makers, Sponsors and Geospatial Professionals and included the latest geospatial applications, standards, government programs, business processes and case studies. Topics included mobile platforms, location based applications, crowd sourcing, cloud computing, development, spatial standards, integration of cross-agency data, Spatial Data Infrastructures, Sensor Webs, Web Processing Services, Integration of Open Source and Proprietary Software and more.
- Position Magazine: http://www.positionmag.com.au/
- Asian Surveying and Mapping Newsletter: http://www.asmmag.com
- Geoconnexions Magazine: http://www.geoconnexion.com/
- Directions Magazine: http://directionsmag.com/
- GIS Development: http://gisdevelopment.net/
- Baliz Media: http://www.BALIZ-MEDIA.com/
- Slashgeo: http://slashgeo.org