FOSS4G 2020 Bid Process
- FOSS4G 2020 will most likely be held in North America.
- "Letters of Intent" will be accepted from potential Local Organizing Committees (LOC) from North America. If there are no submissions from groups in North America, letters from other regions will then be solicited.
- Regardless whether one or more letter(s) of intent are received, the Conference Committee members will vote. The vote procedure for 2020 is as follows: Every member of CC votes on every LoI. LoI's that receive more than 50% of "thumbs up"-votes will pass stage 1.
- Selected letters will be invited to prepare a full bid based on the usual RFP process.
- A proposal outlining budget, potential sponsors, LOC members, and venue costs will be required, even if only one letter is received.
- Based on experiences from the past years, we would like to stress the following tasks:
- OSGeo anticiates a Travel Grant program. For this there is a budget from OSGeo, but we expect the bidder to further collect money for TGP and to offer free or at least reduced passes for grantees.
- The bid should stress the alignment with OSGeo values as given in OSGeo's CoC and contain hints on a conference CoC
Summary of Important Dates (AoE)
|Release RFP:||2018 September 14.|
|Letters of Intent (Stage 1) due:||2010 October 5.|
|Stage 1 question period:||2018 October 5. to 2018 October 12.|
|Stage 1 decision:||2018 October 19.|
|Proposals (Stage 2) due:||2018 December 2.|
|Stage 2 question period:||2018 December 2. to 2018 December 16.|
|Voting Period:||2018 December 17. to December 21. 12h CET|
|Final decision by Conference Committee:||2018 December 22.|
Letters of Intent
- Accepted until September 28, 2018
- Limited to two pages
- Read the RFP document (below) and answer the following questions:
- Who is your conference chair?
- Who else is on your LOC?
- What is your venue?
- What makes FOSS4G in your proposed location compelling?