Journal Volume 3
From OSGeo Wiki
This is the planning and work page for the OSGeo Journal - Volume 3 publication.
If you want to contribute an article, add it to this list in the appropriate category.
Please review the Journal License and Guidelines page before adding your article to either article list.
UPDATE: We will soon select editors for each article and they will contact you directly with instructions for submitting your article.
- Articles welcome: Now
- Articles requiring peer review, Submission Ends: September 30, 2007
- Article Submission Ends: October 10, 2007
- First Draft: October 25, 2007
- Final Publication: November 15, 2007
Special Edition - FOSS4G Proceedings
This volume of the Journal will have a focus on the proceedings and papers presented at the Conference Event. There will still be room for other articles, though it may be limited depending on how many articles come from the conference presenters. If there are many FOSS4G articles, then the 'normal' articles will be postponed to the next volume.
If you are interested in providing a paper for this purpose, please add yourself to the following section. Otherwise, add your normal article to the sections further below.
- Your FOSS4G paper goes here.... include your name, your email and the title of your article
- Hans Plum, Markus Lupp firstname.lastname@example.org, Interoperabilty for 3D geodata: Experiences with CityGML and OGC Web Services
- Barde Julien, email@example.com, A generic approach to manage metadata standards
- Peter Staub, peterstaub AT ethz DOT ch, A Model-Driven Web Feature Service for Enhanced Semantic Interoperability
- Stefan Keller, sfkeller (at) hsr.ch, db4o2D - Object Database Extension for 2D Geospatial Types
- Martin Mergili and Wolfgang Fellin, martin.mergili (at) uibk.ac.at, GRASS GIS and modelling of natural hazards: an integrated approach for debris flow simulation
- Nirut Chalainanont, Junya Sano, and Toshimi Minoura, firstname.lastname@example.org, Automatic Generation of Web-Based GIS/Database Applications
- Hugo Conceição, Luís Damas, Michel Ferreira and João Barros, email@example.com, The DIVERT Project: Development of Inter-Vehicular Reliable Telematics
- David Vaz and Michel Ferreira, davidvaz_at_ncc.up.pt - Spatial-Yap: A Spatio-Deductive Database System.
- Jo Cook, jo dot cook at googlemail dot com, Portable GIS: GIS on a USB stick
- Luis Fernando Bueno, Weberson Gabriel, Pablo Filetti Moreira, Artur Henrique Villa Real F. Ramos, Fabio Augusto das Dores Silva and Marcelo Campos Brito, firstname.lastname@example.org, GeoSIPAM: Free and Open Source Software Applied to the Protection of the Brazilian Amazon
- Luis Fernando Bueno, Luiz Gilberto Dall´Igna, Marcelo Vitor Amaral Campos, Tiago de Lima Martarole and Diego Gomes Ferreira. email@example.com, A Spatial Database to Integrate the Information of the Rondonia Natural Resource Management Project
- Chris West, Mark Gillis, Brian Low, and Alex Song. firstname.lastname@example.org, Using Open Source to Analyze Canada's National Forest Inventory
- Aaron Peeke-Vout and Brian Low, Aaron.Peeke-Vout@nrcan-rncan.gc.ca, Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI)-In-A-Box, a Footprint to Deliver Geospatial Data through Open Source Applications.
- Abson Sae-Tang and Olivier Ertz, olivier.ertz (at) heig-vd (dot) ch, Towards web services dedicated to thematic mapping.
Contributors / Topics
See Journal for definition of the following categories. Add yourself if you are interested. Note that all categories don't have to be filled, so this serves as a rough outline for the types of content we generally hope to have.
- Tyler Mitchell: General updates
- Editor: Jason Fournier
- Additional contributors welcome...
Event Reports (2-3 articles)
Project Introductions (1-2 articles)
Case Studies (2-3 articles)
- Peter Löwe: Wanderlust 2.0: The state and future of hiking trail management in Germany with FOSS GIS
- Peter Wilkins: An Image Request application using FOSS4G tools
Integration Studies (2-3 articles)
Topical Studies (1-2 articles)
- Markus Neteler: Open Source Quality Assessment System: The GRASS Case (aboutGRASS-QA)
Programming Tutorials (1-2 articles)
- OSGeo project summaries
- OSGeo Local Chapter updates
- deegree3: the shape of things to come. (Markus Lupp)