MapProxy is an open source proxy for geospatial data. It caches, accelerates and transforms data from existing map services and serves any desktop or web GIS client.
MapProxy is a community project entering the foundation as part of the original OSGeo Labs initiative.
Basic Project Data
- Project Name: MapProxy
- Project Status Condition: Stable
- Project Web Site: http://mapproxy.org
- Project Documentation: http://mapproxy.org/documentation.html
- Project Contact: Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
- Short Project Description: MapProxy is a tile cache and WMS proxy.
- Project Source Code: https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy
- Project Mailing List: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapproxy
- Project Version Control Repository: git://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy.git
- Project Developer Documentation: http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/deployment.html
- Project Bug Tracker: https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/issues
- Project Feature Request Tracker: ditto
- Source Code License: Apache License 2.0
- Documentation License: ditto
- Copyright Assignment Policy: All contributions are licensed under the terms of the Apache License 2.0 without explicit assignment (see license)
- Decision Making Procedure: BDFL, at least for now.
- Coding Standards: PEP8
- Release Procedure: Major/minor releases. Beta and release candidates as necessary.
- Latest Project Release: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/MapProxy