Difference between revisions of "SAC Meeting 2018-08"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Robe moved page SAC Meeting 2018-08-09 to SAC Meeting 2018-08: Will cover whole month)
(Next Meeting)
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  
 
== Where and When ==
 
== Where and When ==
* in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac  [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=8&day=9&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=43 Thursday Aug 9th 2018 20 UTC]
+
* in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac  [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=8&day=16&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=43 Thursday Aug 16th 2018 20 UTC]
 
** Web IRC client: https://webchat.freenode.net/
 
** Web IRC client: https://webchat.freenode.net/
 +
 +
=== Past this month ===
 +
[https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=8&day=9&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=43 Thursday Aug 9th 2018 20 UTC]
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
Line 72: Line 75:
 
= Next Meeting =
 
= Next Meeting =
  
Proposed Time: [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=8&day=16&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=43 Thursday Aug 16th 2018 20 UTC]  
+
Proposed Time: [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=8&day=23&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=43 Thursday Aug 16th 2018 20 UTC]  
  
 
[[SAC | SAC main page]]
 
[[SAC | SAC main page]]
 
[[Category:Infrastructure]]
 
[[Category:Infrastructure]]
 
[[Category:SAC Meetings]]
 
[[Category:SAC Meetings]]

Revision as of 19:55, 14 August 2018

Where and When

Past this month

Thursday Aug 9th 2018 20 UTC

Agenda

Talk about hardware plans

  • Our new hardware has landed, OSUOSL has already been instructioned to install Ubuntu 18.04
  • Need to fill in Wiki page and get started doing something with it SAC_Service_Status#osgeo_7.
  • We need to flesh out the setup details and start setting it up Osgeo7.

Notes: August 9

  • Looks like wildintellect working on getting his VPN account setup
  • requests/added to VPN access from strk, robe2, TemptorSent, Martin, jef
  • TemptorSent did have some good notes and links now added to the osgeo7 page on how to do the setup
  • VPN access is only needed to bootstrap using the IPMI.
  • are we asking OSUOSL to do the basic install or just stick a thumb drive in and we do it?
  • possible steps:
    • figure out the correct installer,
    • work out where to put the /boot with grub
    • ask OSUOSL to put in a flash drive with what we need
    • /boot can be any FS type technically, especially if it's not on the spinning rust
  • other option
  • there we can do a normal install to the SSD, then copy the install over to ZFS formatted drives

Nextcloud,

  • Board's request for sync+share storage replacement of Dropbox
    • TODO: robe - I really want to speed this up before handing to board to test after I will send a note to OSGEO board. Note we'll eventually move this to OSGeo7 once OSGeo7 server is set up

Notes August 9

  • https://nextcloud.osgeo.org
  • Has anyone done any playing with nextcloud to see what we might need to tweak?
  • have to announce to the board, but really wanted to improve the speed cause it's really slow
  • coordinate with board to migrate their content from dropbox to nextcloud

Wiki LDAP integration

  • (how do we move forward) wrt to approaches what are we willing to put up with 165
    • TODO: Martin Spott and TemptorSent explore logistics of setting up a sandbox we can test.

Notes august 9:

  • Wiki - I haven't seen the database still
  • Martin had created a backup

OSGeo Website topics

- anything outstanding SAC needs to be involved in?

  • from last week:
    • TODO (sponsors): close the related issues with Jive.
      • Never saw Jive on the IRC
  • Gravatar is now used in following pages: members page, board page

Attendance

august 9

  • robe2
  • markusN
  • TemptorSent
  • jef
  • wildintellect
  • cvvergara
  • jody

Transcript

http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo-sac/%23osgeo-sac.2018-08-09.log

Next Meeting

Proposed Time: Thursday Aug 16th 2018 20 UTC

SAC main page