Talk:OSGeo Code Sprint 2018
Sprint Info for OSGeo Funding
A request for supporting a sprint by OSGeo should include the following information about the event and the funding model for it:
Have a look at the sprint page:
- Audience: how many people are expected? - +- 120
- Region: is the sprint localized to a specific region? - Bonn, Codesprint is scheduled around FOSSGIS 2018
- Projects: is the sprint to work on just one specific project, or is it for multiple projects? - all OSGeo projects
- Length: how many days will the sprint cover? sunday-sunday -> 8 days
- Venue: where will the sprint be held? will food be provided? will overnight lodging be provided?
- Basecamp Bonn
- overnight lodging is not provided. Participants have to pay for the lodging.
- Only food and drinks are provided
- Where is the prospective budget published? Provide a link to a publicly accessible resource (e.g. wiki). The prospective budget shall list the levels/amounts of forecasted sponsorship, and show that OSGeo is providing matching funds (see Sponsorship Criteria below).
NEED THIS IN OUR WIKI!!!
The budget shall contain the following information:
- what is the expected registration fee, if any, for each attendee?
- there is no fee
- what is the expected amount of third-party sponsorships?
- we will ask FOSSGIS e.V. for sponsoring too, looks like they donate between ???k Euro https://www.fossgis.de/wiki/F%C3%B6rderantrag_OSGeo_Code_Sprint_Bonn_2018
- what in-kind donations are expected (such as donated use of a conference room)?
- no extra costs for the room, as long as all basecamp (~70 beds) is occupied by Code sprint people, if not, we have to pay for the not-booked beds -> no extra costs, as all beds are booked
- what is the desired amount of OSGeo sponsorship?
- 1000 € or more
- what is the expected cost per attendee, for travel, lodging, and food?
- food and drinks +-13.000€ including snacks as it is August and we have to buy the drinks from the venue, we calculated with a 5k €/day flat charge, this is 20/32€ per Person per day
- what is the expected cost for the venue (such as conference room, wifi support, snacks, etc.)?
- no extra costs for room snacks are included in the price of the food (see above)
- wifi will cost +- 2100 Euro as we provide an extra access point to provide a stable internet connection
|Day||costs per day (euro)||100 persons||120 persons|
|Sunday||20 maybe less costs as only some hours sprint||2000||2400|
|Wifi||2100 €||2100 €|
|Costs extra electricity||??||??|
|Costs extra internet||??||??|
- ?? not clear whether we have extra costs for electricity and internet
Profit / Loss / Risk
- What is the expected profit of the event, if any? where will any surplus money go?
- community building, work on OSGeo projects
- Under what circumstances might the event incur a loss? how will this risk be mitigated?
- if not all accommodations in basecamp Bonn are occupied, we'd have to pay for the not booked beds