GRASS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System)
- Home Page: http://grass.osgeo.org/ (mirror sites)
- Mailing List: https://grass.osgeo.org/support/ + https://grass.osgeo.org/support/community/
- Development team: https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Team
- Wiki: https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/
- OSGeo Info Sheet: http://www.osgeo.org/grass
- GRASS Incubation Progress - Completed in 2008
- GRASS Provenance Review - Completed in 2008
GRASS GIS is one of the founding projects of OSGeo and graduate OSGeo incubation.
The Geographic Resources Analysis Support System (http://grass.osgeo.org/), commonly referred to as GRASS GIS, is an Open Source Geographic Information System providing powerful raster, vector and geospatial processing capabilities in a single integrated software suite. GRASS GIS includes tools for spatial modeling, visualization of raster and vector data, management and analysis of geospatial data, and the processing of satellite and aerial imagery. It also provides the capability to produce sophisticated presentation graphics and hardcopy maps. GRASS GIS has been translated into about twenty languages and supports a huge array of data formats. It can be used either as a stand-alone application or as backend for other software packages such as QGIS and R geostatistics. It is distributed freely under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). GRASS GIS is a founding member of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo).
GRASS GIS is successfully used in scientific applications, commercial settings and by public officials all over the world.