OSGeo-BE-general-assembly-minutes-20160922

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
Open Source Geospatial – Belgium ASBL (OSGeo.be)
Rue de la Croix de Pierre 13 box 2, 1060 Bruxelles
Enterprise number 0641.662.720


Convocation: Annual General Assembly
September 22nd 2016, 16:30
At BEL, Tour & Taxis : Avenue du Port 86c/3002, 1000 Brussels


Attendance

Present:

Voting members :

  • Dirk Frigne (Administrator),
  • Gaël Kruwialis (Administrator),
  • Johan Van de Wauw (Administrator – President of the board),
  • Oliver May (Administrator),
  • Maëlle Vercauteren (Administrator),
  • Marc Ducobu (Administrator – Treasaury of the board),
  • Moritz Lennert
  • Tommy Oozeer (Administrator – Secretary of the board)


Non voting members:

  • Arnaud De Groof
  • Julien Collaer
  • Laetitia Dupin
  • Nicolas Dufrane
  • Roel Huybrechts
  • ...


Absent: /

Agenda

  1. Report about the activities between January 2016 - August 2016
    1. FOSDEM 2016 Geospatial devroom
    2. Mapping facilities for homeless people
    3. OSGeoDevNight
    4. Other events
  2. Financial report January 2016 - August 2016
  3. Discharge of the members of the Board of Directors for the 2016 financial year (January 2016 - August 2016)
  4. Budget September 2016 - August 2017
  5. Composition of the board
    1. New members
    2. Resignations
  6. Composition of the voting members
    1. New members
    2. Resignations
  7. Preview of the next year (September 2016 - August 2017)
    1. Agreement to give mandate to the board to take the necessary actions regarding the events and strategy ?
  8. Various
  9. Closing of the general assembly

Resolutions

The president gives a short introduction.

Report about the activities between January 2016 - September 2016

FOSDEM 2016

OSGeo.be was present at FOSDEM 2016 Geospatial devroom on January 31 2016.
At this point, it is still unsure if there will be a GeoDevRoom next year.

Mapping facilities for homeless people

This event has been organised on February 27 2016 by OSGeo.be with the collaboration of OSM, Poppy, ULB - IGEAT

OSGeoDevNight

This event has been organised on April 18 2016 by OSGeo.be.
Around 15 people were present.

Other Events

There were also some other events : BBQ at Gaël's place, Geospatial World forum, workshop - cabinet De Croo, ...

Financial report January 2016 - August 2016

Marc explains that since the period was very small, there were very few financial movements. The financial report prepared by him is then unanimously approved by the general assembly.

Discharge of the members of the Board of Directors for the 2016 financial year (January 2016 - August 2016)

The general assembly unanimously grants the discharge to the board of directors (January 2016 - August 2016).

Budget September 2016 - August 2017

Marc explains the budget prepared by him.
The expected costs (6000 €) is mainly the catering cost for FOSS4G 2016.
In the future, big amounts will be detailed.
A sponsoring budget for next year is also foreseen : 4000 €.
We will also be more proactive next year by contacting the sponsors long before the event.
For the moment, our financial situation is good (we can stand 2 bad FOSS4G).

Composition of the board

New members

There is no new member.

Resignations

There is no resignation.

As a result, the board stays unchanged.

Composition of the voting members

New members

We welcome 5 new charter members to OSGeo.be :

  • Julien Collaer
  • Arnaud De Groof
  • Nicolas Durane
  • Christophe Guisset
  • Roel Huybrechts

Resignations

There is no resignation.

Preview of the next year (September 2016 - August 2017)

Agreement to give mandate to the board to take the necessary actions regarding the events and strategy ?

The general assembly unanimously agrees to give mandate to the board to take the necessary actions related to the events and the strategy. We also need to sign the charter members document.

Various

Closing of the general assembly

There being no further business, the meeting then terminated.

Johan Van de Wauw            Tommy Oozeer
President                             Secretary

After talks / open discussion / beer

Call for activities

We will send a formal call to the Belgian list.

FOSS4G feedback and suggestions

Mentioned points are :

  • September 22 is not a good date for the event
  • Venue is good
  • We had a lower number of participants but we didn't get bad echoes
  • It was worth doing it : it is still a big event for Belgium
  • we need some more "basic" presentations
  • workshops may also be a good idea for next year
  • Map gallery was a good idea even if we did not had the number of maps we could have expected
  • We need a "master of ceremonies" for next years
  • Making a video sounds like a good idea
  • Not a lot of people went to the Sponsors village
  • A job fair could be a good idea to attract new sponsors and new people
  • we should keep all FOSS4G related documents/files in the cloud somewhere
  • We need to send the feedback form to all participants.
  • We could use a tool to manage our "clients". This could be done during a code sprint.
  • Dirk suggests to organize a winter BBQ
  • We will organize a meeting by the end of October
  • We will organise a FOSS4G 2017
  • We could go elsewhere (IGN-NGI) or stay at BEL via another organisation (Brussels mobility ?)

Next events

  • OSGeoDevNight : to organise, GRASS ?
  • track at BeGeo ?