SAC Meeting 2018-06-07

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

Where and When

Agenda

  • Talk about hardware plans
    • Our new hardware has landed. What next?
  • osgeo6 mysterious malware looking coin mining process under geotools. Next steps. [1]
    • TODO: astrodog suggested doing sha check against all files with against binaries that shipped with Debian 8, which Martin plans to do
    • TODO: All people with shell access should change their passwords and only log in with ssh key.
    • What to do about download.osgeo.org, fact we are always low on disk and have an NFS mount, which martin feels is dangerous. Alex says new server osgeo7 will have lots of disk space.
    • TODO: Discussed, instead of NFS should use iSCSI, but wait to put on osgeo7
  • FunToo container (osgeo.host.funtoo.org) -Nextcloud
    • TODO: Setup an LDAP group for nextcloud use and add people (e.g. all board members), alternatively use existing groups we have (couldn't find board ldap group)
  • Nextcloud, what do we need to test, before we can deploy to meet Board's request for sync+share storage replacement of Dropbox
    • TODO: board members should start testing. Note we'll eventually move this to OSGeo7 once OSGeo7 server arrives
  • Wiki LDAP integration (how do we move forward) wrt to approaches what are we willing to put up with 165
    • TODO: Martin Spott and TemptorSent explore logistics of setting up a sandbox we can test.
  • OSGeo Website topics
    • new Friends page
    • Website glitches (sponsors page, local chapters, charter members)
      • REPORT (Vicky) finished sponsors page. TODO close the related issues with Jive.
  • Discuss what to do once we have new hardware in place
    • TODO: TemptorSent and wildintellect to setup wiki page detailing how OSGeo7 will be set up once it comes in (expected arrival another week or 2)

Attendance

  • Regina
  • Vicky
  • Markus
  • mcKenna
  • jef (nfs)
  • strk
  • wildintellect

Transcript

Transcript

1) Talk about hardware plans, Our new hardware has landed. What next?

2) osgeo6 mysterious malware looking coin mining process under geotools. Next steps.

  • No any feedback come from the geotools account holder

3) FunToo container (osgeo.host.funtoo.org) -Nextcloud

4) Nextcloud, what do we need to test, before we can deploy to meet Board's request for sync+share storage replacement of Dropbox

5) Wiki LDAP integration (how do we move forward) wrt to approaches what are we willing to put up with https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/165

  • the plan
    • we would rename all existing users legacy_<username>
    • force everyone to log in with ldap, and on their first ldap login, have them specify their old user account and password
  • LDAP mantra issue mentioned
    • we can get rid of the mantra if we can come up with a way to prevent spammers from joining via a bot

6) OSGeo Website topics

  • jmkenna, Astrid & Vicky to finish up board & charter member listing
  • everything else after this task is finished
  • TODO add the charter member listing in the menu

7) GeoForAll meeting document

  • jmckenna: zero progress. repeated attempts failed. i think "jason" controls old geoforall access
  • suchith is the contact to shake up jason

Discuss what to do once we have new hardware in place

  • hardware arrived, not its time to discuss
  • robe_: I was thinking we setup the proposed page which at this time I think is Ubuntu (latest version), ZFS and then lxd


qgis on VM osgeo4

  • are they using it?
  • robe_: jef okay so my understand is QGIS website, Planet QGIS on Hefzer, but you guys are still using osgeo4 for something?
    • jef: yes, for the mta that receives the paypal notifications - and we're moving to stripe. so that's not really important

gitea

  • TODO make Bcc copies intead of Cc (mckenna)
  • Gitea database has 137 users, 19 organizations, 0 public keys, 134 repositories, 362 watches, 24 stars, 23392 actions, 433 accesses, 223 issues, 831 comments, 0 social accounts, 15 follows, 11 mirrors, 1885 releases, 1 login sources, 23 webhooks, 4 milestones, 92 labels, 3334 hook tasks, 36 teams, 0 update tasks, 8 attachments.

Next Meeting

Proposed Time: Sunday Jun 17th 2018 7 UTC

SAC main page