PROPOSED AGENDA: May 6
Always feel free to recommend changes or additions ( or make additions yourself )
- 5.45pm: ONLINE LOBBY (https://meet.jit.si/OSGeoAlbertaChapterMonthlyMeetup)
- Phone: 647.243.6108 | MeetingID: 2203355915
- 6.00pm: Introductions
- 6.15pm: Any updates or proposals on projects
Please feel free to come forward with your projects, initiatives, or even questions.
We have one brief project introduction and request for help planned:
- Ashok Krishnamurthy - Associate Professor, Mount Royal University
- Project: Application of mathematical models to track COVID-19 using Open Source tools such as Panoply, R and data such as SEDAC Gridded World Population.
- Needs: Advice on tools and approaches for manipulating spatialized population count data for epidemic state variable layers ( ex: Susceptible, Infectious, Recovered, Dead, etc..).
- Data Source: https://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/data/collection/gpw-v4
It would be great to have a discussion around one or more of the OS Geo projects to find ways we can support the projects and make them as welcoming, and relevant, as possible to potential contributors here in Alberta.
I would suggest QGIS - https://qgis.org/en/site/ - but would welcome other suggestions.
This event is open to all. Feel free to bring your topics, projects, or presentations.
Some suggestions from the chapter for presentations include:
- Show us your side hustle
- Bring us your problems ( stuff you're working on and issues )
- teach something new ( OS Geo projects or other ).