AfricaGEO 2014 OSGeo presence organising page
Organise activities around the AfricaGEO 2014 event being held 1-3 July 2014 in Cape Town. See http://www.africageo.org/ for event details.
The Cape Town International Conference Center is a top notch international class venue.
Dates and Times
Jul 1-3 2014 (possibly we could hold events before and after the conference center
Participants should plan for the following costs:
- Travel to Vienna
- Accommodation for four nights
- Breakfast and dinner (partly)
Please join the Africa mailing list: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/africa
We are planning to man a stall for each day of the conference. We need volunteers to man the stall, to
|#||Participant||Home||Man Booth||Preparation of materials||Other contributions||contact||Notes|
|1||Tim Sutton||Swellendam, South Africa||yes||yes||Not sure what email@example.com||No notes yet|
- Bring your own computer
- **Do I need to be a FOSS GIS guru?** It will help if you know your way around the FOSS GIS stack, but nobody needs to be a guru.
- **Will I earn money for doing this?** In the afterlife maybe, in this one you will probably need to part with some of your hard earned cash to cover conference fees and perhaps chip in for goodies for the stand.
- **Who will pay for the stand.** We are looking for donors.
Lets get together for a OSGeo Africa Chapter meetup while we are there!
QGIS Flyers: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42637169/qgis20_brochure_screen.pdf QGIS Poster: https://t.co/OaotY8dHir (needs updating a little)