Atlantic Canada Chapter Meeting 2010-10-28
The following page describes the first meeting of the Atlantic Canada Chapter of OSGeo.
Who Should Come
Everyone with an interest in seeing Open Source Geospatial use grow in the region, or are just curious what all the fuss is about. Come learn about how the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) is supporting free and Open Source geospatial software. All are welcome!
Time and Location
- Thurs Oct 28th @ noon to 1pm (during the Geomatics Atlantic event lunch break)
- at the CARIS office, walking distance from the Delta Hotel (map)
- brief introduction of OSGeo (by Jeff McKenna, currently on the OSGeo Board of Directors)
- discuss mission and objectives of chapter
- select Chapter Officers
- discuss next steps for Chapter outreach/activities in the Atlantic Canada community
- discuss next steps to become a formal OSGeo chapter
- discuss how often to meet
- Pizza and beverages will be provided courtesy of Caris
If you plan on attending, please take a ticket so that we know the number of people to expect.