Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2006 02 27"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
 
(11 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
The second board meeting is planned for February 27th, 2006 (Time?), by phone and IRC at the same time.  
+
The second board meeting is planned for [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=2&day=27&year=2006&hour=8&min=0&sec=0&p1=224 February 27th, 2006 at 8:00am PST], by phone and IRC at the same time.
 +
 
 +
From Skype call : +99038275318640
 +
 
 +
To use a regular phone:
 +
  From the US: call # 1-419-753-7120(free, long distance costs apply).
 +
  From the UK: call # 0870-119-2350(10p/minute).
 +
 
 +
Your Conference Room Number is : 5318640.  
  
== 8:00 a.m. PST ==
 
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
  
Line 7: Line 14:
 
* Review and approve [[First Board Meeting]] minutes.
 
* Review and approve [[First Board Meeting]] minutes.
 
* Status report on website and activities from DanielB.
 
* Status report on website and activities from DanielB.
* Assign responsability to approve/reject/forward mail arriving at 'info AT osgeo.org' to a second person (Tyler proposed as candidate).
+
* Assign responsibility to approve/reject/forward mail arriving at 'info AT osgeo.org' to a second person (Tyler proposed as candidate).
 
* Status report from the Treasurer (Gary).
 
* Status report from the Treasurer (Gary).
* Motion to form an [[Project Incubation]] Committee (to be written - Frank).
+
* Motion to form an [[Incubation Committee Motion|Project Incubation Committee]].
* Motion to form a [[Promotion and Visibility Committee]] (to be written - Arnulf).
+
* Motion to form a [[Promotion and Visibility Committee]].
* Motion on process to elect four additional directors (who will write?).
+
* Motion on [[Proposed Board Election Procedure]] to elect four additional directors (Chris).
 
* Review [[Contributor Agreement]] (Rich).
 
* Review [[Contributor Agreement]] (Rich).
 
* [[Proposed Press Release]] and [[Talk:Proposed Press Release|Translations]] (Markus)
 
* [[Proposed Press Release]] and [[Talk:Proposed Press Release|Translations]] (Markus)
* Motion to approve OSGeo Statement of Support for http://PublicGeodata.org web site (Markus w/Jo)
+
* Motion to approve OSGeo Statement of Support for http://PublicGeodata.org web site (Markus w/Jo) (-> postponed to [[Third_Board_Meeting]])
 
* Discussion on being a 501c3 corporation.  
 
* Discussion on being a 501c3 corporation.  
 
* Discuss, and possibly approve the [[OSGeo FAQ]].
 
* Discuss, and possibly approve the [[OSGeo FAQ]].
 +
 +
== Minutes ==
 +
 +
See official minutes posted [https://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/meetings/board/board_meetings.html here]
 +
 +
==Action Items==
 +
 +
# RichS and GaryL to open OSGeo bank account
 +
# Arnulf and Daniel to work on creating wiki.osgeo.org
 +
# Gary to provide copy of collabnet contract arrangement for “business resumption planning”.
 +
# BOD to review/discuss online OSGeo FAQ by Wednesday, March 1st and post along with translations.
 +
# RichS to engage tax counsel to get application for 501c3 underway.
 +
# FrankW to have process and criteria for Project Incubation Committee by next Board meeting.
 +
# RichS to prepare FAQ for contributor agreements
 +
# Significant contributors to foundation projects must (through Incubation Committee members), review and approve Contributor Agreements within the next 2 weeks.  Post and discuss online.
 +
# All Board members review and provide comment on OSGeo FAQ by Weds, March 1
 +
# LauraR to provide tallied results of Member election by noon PST Tuesday, 2/28.  Current members to vote on any ties and approve by Wednesday, March 1st.
 +
# MarkusN to work with Sean Sternfeldt on press release to go out Wednesday, March 1st.
 +
 +
[[Category: Board]]

Latest revision as of 06:17, 23 July 2008

The second board meeting is planned for February 27th, 2006 at 8:00am PST, by phone and IRC at the same time.

From Skype call : +99038275318640

To use a regular phone:

 From the US: call # 1-419-753-7120(free, long distance costs apply).
 From the UK: call # 0870-119-2350(10p/minute).

Your Conference Room Number is : 5318640.

Agenda

Minutes

See official minutes posted here

Action Items

  1. RichS and GaryL to open OSGeo bank account
  2. Arnulf and Daniel to work on creating wiki.osgeo.org
  3. Gary to provide copy of collabnet contract arrangement for “business resumption planning”.
  4. BOD to review/discuss online OSGeo FAQ by Wednesday, March 1st and post along with translations.
  5. RichS to engage tax counsel to get application for 501c3 underway.
  6. FrankW to have process and criteria for Project Incubation Committee by next Board meeting.
  7. RichS to prepare FAQ for contributor agreements
  8. Significant contributors to foundation projects must (through Incubation Committee members), review and approve Contributor Agreements within the next 2 weeks. Post and discuss online.
  9. All Board members review and provide comment on OSGeo FAQ by Weds, March 1
  10. LauraR to provide tallied results of Member election by noon PST Tuesday, 2/28. Current members to vote on any ties and approve by Wednesday, March 1st.
  11. MarkusN to work with Sean Sternfeldt on press release to go out Wednesday, March 1st.