Board Meeting 2006 08 04
From Skype call : +99038275318640 (5p/minute)
To use a regular phone:
From the US: call # 1-419-753-7120 (free, long distance costs apply). From the UK: call # 0870-119-2350 (10p/minute).
Your Conference Room Number is: 5318640.
At the beginning of the meeting we moved to the new (better) Conference Call.
- Appoint meeting secretary
- Review and approve prior meeting minutes
- Plan Face to Face Meeting Lausanne 2006
- who is encouraged to attend?
- agenda items?
- Discuss and possibly approve Local Chapter Guidelines.
- Discuss Infrastructure Proposal for OSGeo's ongoing systems needs
- Timing urgency for moving/setting up each infrastructure component to a new platform
- Tasking specific individuals/groups with responsibility for making it happen
- Budget availability for setting up/administering new infrastructure
- Other Business
- Open Technology Development Status - Dept of Defense
- Opportunity to introduce OSS Geospatial Technologies into Large Data Joint Concept Technology Demonstration
- Opportunity to introduce OSS Geospatial Technologies into DoD disaster response initiatives
- EDRC BAA Proposal
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE OPEN SOURCE GEOSPATIAL FOUNDATION A Delaware non-stock corporation.
On August 4th, 2006, at 8:00 am Pacific time, pursuant to notice duly given, the Board of Directors (the "Board") of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (the "Foundation" or "OSGeo") held a meeting by teleconference. The meeting lasted ninety minutes.
Present at the meeting were the following members of the Board: Frank Warmerdam, Mark Lucas, Jo Walsh, Chris Holmes, Arnulf Christl, Venkatesh Raghavan, Gary Lang and Markus Neteler. Rich Steele and Laura Rivera were also present. All participants on the call indicated that they could hear one another. Additionally, Internet Relay Chat was used for backup purposes (#osgeo on irc.freenode.net). Mr. Lucas was appointed chairperson of the meeting. Finding a quorum present, Mr. Lucas called the meeting to order. Frank Warmerdam was appointed secretary of the meeting.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
The Board first approved by general consent the minutes of the meeting held on 14 July 2006.
FACE TO FACE MEETING IN LAUSANNE
It was agreed to hold the meeting on Monday, September 11th. Board members are encouraged to add agenda items on the wiki page.
LOCAL CHAPTER GUIDELINES
The Local Chapter Guidelines was adopted as written by general consent. Arnulf will help WebCom get the document translated into some key languages.
It was determined that if we transition off CollabNet it needs to be completed by January 1, 2007 when the existing contract ends.
Jo Walsh and Tyler Mitchell were designated to continue working on the new demonstration portal, and to work on a proposal for infrastructure transition, with a more detailed review at the face to face meetings in September.
Mark Lucas gave a status report on activities within the Department of Defense flowing out of the Open Technology Development report.
It was agreed that we need to be able to present a collection of contracting companies to government procurers that can follow through on open source requirements effectively.
Frank Warmerdam provided a briefly on the EDRC BAA, and how that might be used to support work on the binary packaging project.
A new rotating chair was not assigned, but Mark agreed to take care of the next meeting. Meeting frequency was discussed and it was agreed that we needed to meet at least every two weeks to take care of board business. The role of the board in energizing activity was also discussed.
The meeting was closed.