Board Meeting 2007 05 18
Communication will use the new Conference Call facilities.
- Appoint meeting secretary
- Review and approve Twenty Sixth Board Meeting minutes
- Discuss timing of a FOSS4G OSGeo face-to-face meeting, if we want one.
- Approve Arnulf as new VisCom Chair.
- GeoTools Contribution Steps
- Revise the FAQ about proprietary software. -- Jo
- Revisit What's Working and What's Not Working -- Arnulf
- Revisit Board tasks and consider to either drop this page altogether (do it via Trac?) or appoint page maintainer -- Arnulf
- Meeting taken place on telephone Conference Call and on IRC.
- In attendance: Mark Lucas, Arnulf Christl, Jo Walsh, Markus Neteler, Chris Holmes, Frank Warmerdam, Tyler Mitchell
Appoint meeting secretary
- Mark scribing meeting
Reviewed and approved Twenty Sixth Board Meeting minutes
- All were in favour of approving minutes
Discuss timing of a FOSS4G OSGeo face-to-face meeting, if we want one.
- Agreed that a face-to-face meeting was valuable to have in Victoria
- Sunday before the conference is the tentative date - assume there is a room available during conference set up
- Will coordinate with Paul Ramsey
Approve Arnulf as new VisCom Chair.
- VisCom approved Arnulf as chair
- All board were in favour, approved
- General discussion (Chris)
- Discussion around copyright of GeoTools
- Reviewing email that Chris sent - about assigning copyright to OSGeo
- Jo, commented on clause that OSGeo may license under other terms, some questions about whether they can be further reassigned
- General agreement that having a standardized CLA for projects is good, rather than different for each one
- Geotools is working on wording in a new proposed agreement
- Discussed how to accomplish a legal review of the CLA
- Agreed to finalize wording, then coordinate with Autodesk legal staff which has donated assistance in the past
Revise the FAQ about proprietary software. -- Jo
- Reviewed changes and accepted
- Briefly reviewed the pages
- Agreed to have everyone review the web pages and update
Revisit Board tasks and consider to either drop this page altogether (do it via Trac?) or appoint page maintainer -- Arnulf
- Revisit board tasks and consider whether to drop and move to trac, what should status be.
- Reviewed the list and discussed some of the current status, not an active page
- Move to Trac as appropriate
- Various outstanding tasks briefly mention, on Tyler's plate: fund raising, 501c3 status, election planning
- Others: binary stack, financial statements
- Directors and officers insurance
- Tyler has a quote, will coordinate with Gary and have board give final approval
- Other foundations carry this type of insurance, will research and make recommendations
- OSGeo Journal
- First journal released, good work
Meeting adjourned 15:41UTC, all in favour