Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2012-04-19"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
(Minutes)
Line 31: Line 31:
 
** Chair: Tim Schaub
 
** Chair: Tim Schaub
 
** Scribe: Arnulf Christl
 
** Scribe: Arnulf Christl
 +
** Secretary: mpg
  
 
==== Assigned Tasks ====
 
==== Assigned Tasks ====
Line 42: Line 43:
 
# [19:45] <tschaub> MOTION: Confirm incubation committee recommendation that GEOS graduate incubation. Frank 1st, Arnulf 2nd, all in favor.
 
# [19:45] <tschaub> MOTION: Confirm incubation committee recommendation that GEOS graduate incubation. Frank 1st, Arnulf 2nd, all in favor.
 
# [19:56] <tschaub> MOTION: Provide € 1000 for the GRASS Community sprint in Prague.  Arnulf 1st; Frank 2nd;  Tim, Jo, mpg, pmbatty +1; Daniel +0
 
# [19:56] <tschaub> MOTION: Provide € 1000 for the GRASS Community sprint in Prague.  Arnulf 1st; Frank 2nd;  Tim, Jo, mpg, pmbatty +1; Daniel +0
 +
# [20:00] MOTION: Adjourn.  Frank 1st; Arnulf 2nd;  Daniel, Michael, Jo, Peter: +1
 +
 +
==== Notes ====

Revision as of 10:11, 19 April 2012


This board meeting is scheduled for the 19th of April 2012 at 17:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.

Agenda

  • Review past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-03-22
  • Appoint secretary
  • Action items from last meeting
    1. mpg to do inventory of committees and local chapters (carried over from previous meeting)
    2. Daniel to resolve 'c3 vs. 'c6 issue
    3. Jo to start investigating the ELOgeo importation process
    4. Daniel to decide what to do about QuickBooks issue
    5. mpg to get a plan for DC F2F meeting / (edited: report from meeting?)
    6. kick-starting the Marketing discussion (Arnulf attempted to do something here)
    7. a Motion: Confirm Cameron Shorter as interim Chair of the Marketing Committee (Arnulf)
    8. update from Frank on Beijing FOSS4G conference
  • Consider recommendation for GEOS to graduate incubation with Sandro Santilli as VP, GEOS.
  • Funding request for the GRASS GIS Community Sprint in May 2012 (see email)
  • ambassador to Eclipse WG meeting?
  • Charter Membership (clean out, update)
  • Preparation for elections in July (Arnulf)
  • Confirm next meeting time and date Board Meeting 2012-05-10
  • please add items

Minutes

  • logistics
    • detailed conversation log: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2012-04-19.log
    • Attending: dmorissette (Daniel Morissette), mpg (Michael Gerlek) , FrankW (Frank Warmerdam), seven (Arnulf Christl), pmbatty (Peter Batty), tschaub (Tim Schaub), archaeogeek joined later (Jo Cook)
    • Absent: Mark Lucas
    • Chair: Tim Schaub
    • Scribe: Arnulf Christl
    • Secretary: mpg

Assigned Tasks

  1. Peter Batty and Jo Cook to work on getting FOSS4G 2011 material online
  2. Arnulf to start thread on policy for FOSS4G 2012 on board list.
  3. Arnulf to carry over items that were not addressed during the meeting.

Motions

  1. [19:14] <tschaub> MOTION: adopt minutes of 2012-03-22 meeting. Tim 1st, Arnulf 2nd, all in favor.
  2. [19:33] <seven> MOTION: Confirm Cameron Shorter as interim Chair of the Marketing Committee. Arnulf 1st, Peter 2nd, all in favor.
  3. [19:45] <tschaub> MOTION: Confirm incubation committee recommendation that GEOS graduate incubation. Frank 1st, Arnulf 2nd, all in favor.
  4. [19:56] <tschaub> MOTION: Provide € 1000 for the GRASS Community sprint in Prague. Arnulf 1st; Frank 2nd; Tim, Jo, mpg, pmbatty +1; Daniel +0
  5. [20:00] MOTION: Adjourn. Frank 1st; Arnulf 2nd; Daniel, Michael, Jo, Peter: +1

Notes