Board Meeting 2012-07-12

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This board meeting is scheduled for the 12th of July 2012 at 17:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.


  • Review past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-06-07
  • Appoint secretary
  • Action items from last and previous meetings
    1. Daniel/Peter to produce a brief final report to the OSGeo membership on FOSS4G 2011 (financial, etc).
    2. Deferred due to recent announcement from LOC: Arnulf to write an official statement from the Board announcing that FOSS4G in Beijing will be the global FOSS4G event including Sol Katz award, shootouts and other global activities by OSGeo.
    3. Ongoing: Arnulf to set up, schedule and run 2012 elections
    4. Peter Batty and Jo Cook to work on getting FOSS4G 2011 material online - discussions under way, need to get some (small) volunteer effort to pull things together
    5. mpg to do inventory of committees and local chapters (carried over from previous meeting)
      • Clean out and update Charter Membership (carried over from previous meeting again)
    6. Daniel to resolve 'c3 vs. 'c6 issue
    7. Jo report from the ELOgeo importation process
    8. Daniel to decide what to do about QuickBooks issue
  • Beijing FOSS4G conference actions:
  • Funding request for the QGIS Developer Meeting in October 2012 (1,000€, see
  • Funding request for the First Latin American Conference of Free and Open Source GIS in October 2012. Mauricio Miranda presents the initiative
  • Quick finances update - invoices sent to sponsors
  • Continue dialog on how to associate with Eclipse (see board list mail from Jo)
  • Discussion on Eclipse offer to (partially) bankroll FOSS4G 2013
  • OSGeo elections update from CRO see nomination ends and Motion to accept 22 candidates
  • Confirm Peter Batty as Board Liason for FOSS4G 2013
  • please add items
  • Confirm next meeting time and date Board Meeting 2012-08-10


Assigned Tasks

  1. ...


  1. ...


  • ...