Board Meeting 2012-08-09
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This board meeting is scheduled for the 9th of August 2012 at 17:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.
- Review past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-07-12
- Appoint secretary
- Action items from last and previous meetings
- Ongoing: Arnulf to set up, schedule and run 2012 elections
- Peter Batty and Jo Cook to work on getting FOSS4G 2011 material online - discussions under way, need to get some (small) volunteer effort to pull things together
- mpg to do inventory of committees and local chapters (carried over from previous meeting)
- Clean out and update Charter Membership (carried over from previous meeting again)
- Jo report from the ELOgeo importation process
- Daniel to resolve 'c3 vs. 'c6 issue
- Daniel to decide what to do about QuickBooks issue
- September (new board): Decide on location for AGM, Sol Katz, F2F board meeting
- See: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av9Xf1ehZXz-dG5zYnVmSnJRWk5yTExDYmtpTTFSNXc
- Review/discuss budget/finances YTD info as of 2012-07-31
- Motion to approve new revised budget as of 2012-08-07 ?
- Funding request for the First Latin American Conference of Free and Open Source GIS in October 2012. Mauricio Miranda presents the initiative
- Continue dialog on how to associate with Eclipse (see board list mail from Jo)
- PDX-OSGeo local chapter formal recognition, some notes on what has been done
- Finalize confirmation of board voting procedure - left over from a couple years ago - Frank to summarize.
- Clarify that the rights granted to code contributors who signed the GeoTools Copyright Assignment. Specifically, does it include the right to distribute their own work under a different OSI approved license?
- How to deal with alleged impartiality and favoritism of OSGeo, see mail threads around "Asking permission for re-licensing..." and follow-ups
- Acknowledge resignations of Charter members:
- Jason Birch
- Kazunori Noda
- FOSS4G North America 2013 Minneapolis Request for OSGeo to act as Financial Backstop
- please add items
- Confirm next meeting time and date Board Meeting 2012-xx-xx
- detailed conversation log: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2012-08-09.log