Board Meeting 2012-09-13
This board meeting is scheduled for the 13th of September 2012 at 12:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-08-20
- Action items from last and previous meetings
- New business
- Scheduling this year's Sol Katz Award and OSGeo Annual General Meeting
- OGC membership process update (ref)
- Discuss draft of OSGeo Advocate Expenses Guidelines
- Appoint Board rep for the FOSS4G-NA 2013 LOC and Executive Committee
- Discuss mirroring of OSGeo sites, like GRASS GIS does [proposed by Anne]
- please add items
- Confirm next meeting time and date Board Meeting 2012-xx-xx
- detailed conversation log: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2012-09-13.log
- Absent with regrets:
From some mail from Mark Reichardt:
Yes, we should be able to address this request. Per the Memorandum of Understanding signed between OGC and OSGEO, we can issue up to six one year OGC Individual Memberships on a complimentary basis to OSGEO members. There are only three conditions that need to be met here, and only one of them is your responsibility.
1. OSGEO must approve the nomination of an OSGEO member to receive an OGC Individual membership (Arnulf has essentially confirmed his support per his email below) 2. There can be no more than six complementary Individual memberships related to the OGC / OSGEO at any one time (I believe we have slots available -- I'll confirm this today) 3. You meet the conditions of the OGC Individual membership as described on our website. Please visit:
If you have any questions after reviewing this material, please contact me directly. Otherwise, please fill out the application, and send it to our Wayland office. Make a note on the application that your "Individual Membership in the OGC is complimentary per the OGC/OSGEO MOU"