Board Meeting 2012-10-11
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This board meeting is re-scheduled for the 18th of October 2012 at 3:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-09-13
- Action items from last and previous meetings
- New business
- Motion: OGC Team project enters incubation with Justin DeOlivera as mentor.
- Motion: Marble Virtual Globe project enters incubation with Arnulf Christl as mentor.
- Proposal for forming an Executive Committee (to be added shortly - FrankW).
- Finances: IRS (internal revenue service) update
- Consider participation in LocationTech (http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2012-October/010254.html)
- Just for the initial information: OSGeo participation at IST Africa (http://www.ist-africa.org/Conference2013/)
- Team: Government of Kenya through the Ministry of Higher Education Science and Technology, Supported by the European Commission and African Union Commission
- 15 - 17 May, Nairobi, Kenia
- Call for Papers Deadline 07 December
- Call for Exhibitors will open in December and close on 28 February.
- CCSS (one of organizators of FOSS4G-CEE) goes there, want's to organize "OSGeo workshop", prepare stand with some materials about OSGeo. Anybody else who want's to join is welcomed. --Jachym 12:01, 10 October 2012 (PDT)
- Brief report on FOSS4G 2013 status / any questions (Peter) - in general all going well, impressed by all that is going on with the LOC
- please add items
- Confirm next meeting time and date Board Meeting 2012-xx-xx
- detailed conversation log: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2012-10-11.log
- Absent with regrets: