Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2013-04-11"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Added Annual_Report_2012)
(Minutes)
Line 20: Line 20:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
=== Topics ===
+
* Attending:  Jeff, Mark, Carmeron, Anne, Michael, Jachym, Daniel, Frank
 +
* Presiding: Jeff
 +
* Scribing: mpg
  
 
=== Assigned Tasks ===
 
=== Assigned Tasks ===
 +
 +
* '''Daniel''' to post note to discuss list announcing budget ratification, terms
 +
* '''Anne''' to champion the code sprint guidelines
 +
* '''all''' to get chapters, projects, etc, to contribute to 2012 annual report
 +
* '''someone (Paul maybe?)''' to continue how-much-returned-from-FOSS4G discussion on mailing list
 +
* '''Michael''' to post minutes
 +
* '''Jeff''' to send summary to discuss list
  
 
=== Motions ===
 
=== Motions ===
 +
 +
* Approval of minutes from last meeting: 1/anne, 2/Daniel, all +1
 +
* Approval of request from Incubator committee to approve pycsw entering incubation process: 1/Daniel, 2/mpg, all +1
 +
 +
=== Full, raw minutes notes ===
 +
 +
* [1:01] call to order
 +
** Jeff, Mark, Carmeron, Ann, mpg, Jachym, Daniel, Frank (arrived 1:11)
 +
 +
* approval of minutes
 +
** http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-02-26
 +
** 1/anne, 2/Daniel, all +1
 +
 +
* [1:04] approval of 2013 budget
 +
** http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2013
 +
** Daniel completed vote on mailing list
 +
** Daniel to post note to discuss list
 +
 +
* [1:07] approve GeoMoose graduation from incubation
 +
** http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Vote-GeoMoose-Graduation-td5040999.html
 +
** no project officer named yet
 +
** motion to approve withdrawn, will follow up via email vote
 +
 +
* [1:14] motion/approve request from Incubator committee to approve pycsw entering incubation process
 +
** jeff as mentor
 +
** 1/daniel, 2/mpg, all +1
 +
 +
* [1:18] 2014 FOSS4G
 +
** update by Peter in email
 +
** Paul leading RFP process
 +
** discussion about if $20K is the right number for the OSGeo return
 +
** discussion moving to mailing list
 +
 +
* [1:41] FOSS4G-NA update
 +
** bitnerd reports at 175 attendees paid right now and at 50K or the 60K sponsor goal
 +
** Denver history shows big uptick in registrations in last month
 +
** see, for example, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdEZoOUtSeVZRVWtKQzV6R2N5ekdSdlE#gid=57
 +
 +
* [1:47] revise codesprint guidelines
 +
** general agreement on need to have an open budget
 +
** discussion of handling GSoC monies
 +
** aghisla to champion the code sprint guidelines
 +
 +
* [1:53] discussion of annual report
 +
** http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_Report_2012
 +
** all: get chapters, projects, etc, to contribute to 2012 annual report
 +
 +
* adjourn
 +
** next meeting on May 9th, same time slot
 +
** mpg to post minutes, jeff to send summary to discuss list
 +
  
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2013]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2013]]

Revision as of 19:24, 11 April 2013

This board meeting is scheduled for the 11th of April 2013 at 20.00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.


Agenda

Minutes

  • Attending: Jeff, Mark, Carmeron, Anne, Michael, Jachym, Daniel, Frank
  • Presiding: Jeff
  • Scribing: mpg

Assigned Tasks

  • Daniel to post note to discuss list announcing budget ratification, terms
  • Anne to champion the code sprint guidelines
  • all to get chapters, projects, etc, to contribute to 2012 annual report
  • someone (Paul maybe?) to continue how-much-returned-from-FOSS4G discussion on mailing list
  • Michael to post minutes
  • Jeff to send summary to discuss list

Motions

  • Approval of minutes from last meeting: 1/anne, 2/Daniel, all +1
  • Approval of request from Incubator committee to approve pycsw entering incubation process: 1/Daniel, 2/mpg, all +1

Full, raw minutes notes

  • [1:01] call to order
    • Jeff, Mark, Carmeron, Ann, mpg, Jachym, Daniel, Frank (arrived 1:11)
  • [1:14] motion/approve request from Incubator committee to approve pycsw entering incubation process
    • jeff as mentor
    • 1/daniel, 2/mpg, all +1
  • [1:18] 2014 FOSS4G
    • update by Peter in email
    • Paul leading RFP process
    • discussion about if $20K is the right number for the OSGeo return
    • discussion moving to mailing list
  • [1:47] revise codesprint guidelines
    • general agreement on need to have an open budget
    • discussion of handling GSoC monies
    • aghisla to champion the code sprint guidelines
  • adjourn
    • next meeting on May 9th, same time slot
    • mpg to post minutes, jeff to send summary to discuss list