Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2013-07-11"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
(Minutes)
Line 36: Line 36:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Attending:  
+
* Attending: Jeff, Cameron, Anne, Jachym, Peter, Daniel
  
* Presiding:  
+
* Presiding: Jeff
  
* Scribing:  
+
* Scribing: Daniel
  
 
=== Assigned Tasks ===
 
=== Assigned Tasks ===
  
*  
+
* Anne: Draft update of code sprint funding guidelines
 +
 
 +
* Jeff: Coordinate planning/manning of the booth, involving community and local chapters
 +
 
 +
* Daniel: (Treasurer) to handle payment of 750$ to QGIS hackfest
  
  
 
=== Motions ===
 
=== Motions ===
  
*  
+
 
 +
* MOTION: approve last minutes (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-06-13)
 +
** 1/dmorissette, +1: Cameron, Daniel, Jeff, Peter, Anne
 +
 
 +
* MOTION: I propose that OSGeo charter members [for 2013 election] be limited to X. Where X is 25 or 30. (Vote with the number)
 +
** 1/Cameron, all +1 for 30 new members
 +
 
 +
* MOTION: to support the QGIS HackFest (sept 12-16) for a second installment of 750 USD
 +
** Jeff/1, all +1
 +
 
 +
* MOTION: OSGeo to accept 2 Booth spaces from FOSS4G, and Jeff to coordinate manning of the booth.
 +
** 1/Cameron, all +1
 +
 
 +
 
  
 
=== Full, raw minutes notes ===
 
=== Full, raw minutes notes ===
  
*
+
* Full IRC log at http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2013-07-11.log
 +
 
 +
* [12:00] start
 +
 
 +
* roll: Jeff, Cameron, Daniel, Anne, Peter, Jachym
 +
 
 +
* MOTION: approve last minutes (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-06-13)
 +
** 1/dmorissette, +1: Cameron, Daniel, Jeff, Peter, Anne
 +
 
 +
* [12:12] Charter member election: how many new members to add this year?
 +
** As per our bylaws it has to be between 14 and 48 this year
 +
** Discussion of pros and cons of larger vs smaller number, vs risk of unqualified nominations, vs charter membership being a high profile status or not
 +
** MOTION: I propose that OSGeo charter members [for 2013 election] be limited to X. Where X is 25 or 30. (Vote with the number)
 +
*** 1/Cameron, all +1 for 30 new members
 +
 
 +
* [12:27] QGIS HackFest (sept 12-16) support
 +
** http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2013-June/010823.html
 +
** asking for US$750
 +
** http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/17/10_QGIS_Developer_Meeting_in_Brighton_2013
 +
** reminder by treasurer that anything OSGeo puts money in should come with open budget and report of expenses after the event. Code Sprint funding guidelines not updated to reflect that yet
 +
** ACTION: Anne to draft an update to Code Sprint funding guidelines
 +
** MOTION: to support the QGIS HackFest (sept 12-16) for a second installment of 750 USD
 +
*** Jeff/1, all +1
 +
 
 +
* [12:33] OSGeo Booth at Nottingham FOSS4G
 +
** Received offer fo booth from LOC, do we accept?
 +
** Consensus is that we should have a booth, board and community members should share booth duty
 +
** Need a champion to coordinate volunteers and booth planning/setup, not a simple task
 +
** Suggestion that jmckenna can coordinate remotely, but ideally should tee up with someone local to help out.
 +
** Suggestion to involve local chapters: set up a rotation of local chapters holding down the fort
 +
** MOTION: OSGeo to accept 2 Booth spaces from FOSS4G, and Jeff to coordinate manning of the booth.
 +
*** Cameron/1, all +1
 +
 
 +
* [12:48] OSGeo servers security issue
 +
** Deferred to board list
 +
 
 +
* [12:50] OSGeo Incubation Report 2013 Q2
 +
** http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IncCom_Report22
 +
** TLDR: Waiting on the board for GeoMoose announcement, and listing project officers for GeoMoose and GeoServer. Rasdaman is getting close to completing incubation requirements, Optics and Zoo-Project have been quietly working away, while gvSig has a new mentor. Remaining incubation projects show no progress, with dropping TEAM Engine discussed. Landon has some ideas for promoting OSGeo Labs projects.
 +
** Jody will try to send this type of report each quarter
 +
** Some actions required by board for announcements and updates to official list of project officers to include GeoMoose and GeoServer officers
 +
** Suggestion to ping board list about those action items
 +
 
 +
* [13:04] meeting closed. other agenda items deferred
 +
 
 +
* [13:14] Next meeting date: August 15 at 3 UTC
  
  
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2013]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2013]]

Revision as of 07:03, 11 July 2013

This board meeting is scheduled for the 11th of July 2013 at 12.00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.


Agenda

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2013-06-13
  • Charter/Board elections update; Decision on how many new Charter Members are to be added (as per our by laws this year between 14 and 48)
  • support for QGIS HackFest (sept 12-16) email
    • asking for second installment: 750 USD
  • OSGeo Booth at Nottingham
    • Offer of booth from LOC; do we accept?
      • booth size needed?
      • Who to manage booth duty volunteers
        • possibly Jeff to setup wiki and distribute call-for-volunteers
  • OSGeo servers security issues
  • OSGeo Incubation Report 2013 Q2 IncCom_Report22 (ie chair reporting periodically - User:Jive )
    • Process stalled for long-term projects, recommend allowing projects to retire from incubation (and invite them to reapply when ready)
  • Changes needed to Elections process
  • Need to update bylaws http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/incorporation/bylaws.html
    • possible half-day virtual meeting to go through necessary changes?
    • suggestion by AdrianC: Board could produce an authoritative list of all the wiki pages considered to be approved amendments to the bylaws
  • Repairing the OSGeo Service Providers page
    • volunteers/funding specialists/something
    • UPDATE: IanEdwards joining WebCom to help with Drupal
  • OGC Board / OSGeo Board meetup in Nottingham
    • update from Arnulf?
    • OGC very keen for this
  • add your items here
  • Decide on who to report this meeting summary to the Discuss list
  • Schedule next meeting

Minutes

  • Attending: Jeff, Cameron, Anne, Jachym, Peter, Daniel
  • Presiding: Jeff
  • Scribing: Daniel

Assigned Tasks

  • Anne: Draft update of code sprint funding guidelines
  • Jeff: Coordinate planning/manning of the booth, involving community and local chapters
  • Daniel: (Treasurer) to handle payment of 750$ to QGIS hackfest


Motions

  • MOTION: I propose that OSGeo charter members [for 2013 election] be limited to X. Where X is 25 or 30. (Vote with the number)
    • 1/Cameron, all +1 for 30 new members
  • MOTION: to support the QGIS HackFest (sept 12-16) for a second installment of 750 USD
    • Jeff/1, all +1
  • MOTION: OSGeo to accept 2 Booth spaces from FOSS4G, and Jeff to coordinate manning of the booth.
    • 1/Cameron, all +1


Full, raw minutes notes

  • [12:00] start
  • roll: Jeff, Cameron, Daniel, Anne, Peter, Jachym
  • [12:12] Charter member election: how many new members to add this year?
    • As per our bylaws it has to be between 14 and 48 this year
    • Discussion of pros and cons of larger vs smaller number, vs risk of unqualified nominations, vs charter membership being a high profile status or not
    • MOTION: I propose that OSGeo charter members [for 2013 election] be limited to X. Where X is 25 or 30. (Vote with the number)
      • 1/Cameron, all +1 for 30 new members
  • [12:33] OSGeo Booth at Nottingham FOSS4G
    • Received offer fo booth from LOC, do we accept?
    • Consensus is that we should have a booth, board and community members should share booth duty
    • Need a champion to coordinate volunteers and booth planning/setup, not a simple task
    • Suggestion that jmckenna can coordinate remotely, but ideally should tee up with someone local to help out.
    • Suggestion to involve local chapters: set up a rotation of local chapters holding down the fort
    • MOTION: OSGeo to accept 2 Booth spaces from FOSS4G, and Jeff to coordinate manning of the booth.
      • Cameron/1, all +1
  • [12:48] OSGeo servers security issue
    • Deferred to board list
  • [12:50] OSGeo Incubation Report 2013 Q2
    • http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IncCom_Report22
    • TLDR: Waiting on the board for GeoMoose announcement, and listing project officers for GeoMoose and GeoServer. Rasdaman is getting close to completing incubation requirements, Optics and Zoo-Project have been quietly working away, while gvSig has a new mentor. Remaining incubation projects show no progress, with dropping TEAM Engine discussed. Landon has some ideas for promoting OSGeo Labs projects.
    • Jody will try to send this type of report each quarter
    • Some actions required by board for announcements and updates to official list of project officers to include GeoMoose and GeoServer officers
    • Suggestion to ping board list about those action items
  • [13:04] meeting closed. other agenda items deferred
  • [13:14] Next meeting date: August 15 at 3 UTC