Board Meeting 2014-08-14
This board meeting is scheduled for the 14th of August 2014 at 20.00UTC through IRC and follow up voting by email.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2014-07-17
- Elections update
- Updates on Portland
- Annual General Meeting
- Board meeting
- Treasurer role vs Daniel's term as director ending (see http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2014-August/011972.html)
- Revise "Positive Attributes" to include something about protecting against hostile takeover attempts
- Phrasing attempt: "Be aware of and protect against any hostile takeover attempts of OSGeo or OSGeo resources, including an awareness of this potential threat whenever changing the organizational structure, especially the charter member and board election processes"* *We believe this threat to be incredibly low or non-existent but err on the side of caution.
- GeoServer would like to switch copyright owner from OpenPlans to OSGeo: https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/GSIP-118 (Q: what do we need to do? A: This is FYI so paperwork from OpenPlans is not a surprise)
- This would also include GeoWebCache which is not presently an OSGeo project itself but is a significant component of GeoServer.
- Discuss Suggested text for "Expectations for Board Membership" , http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2014-August/011958.html
- add your items here
- Select next meeting timeslot
Motions (to be confirmed by email)
Full, raw minutes notes
IRC Log at