Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2015-02-05"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Motions (confirmed by email): report email votes)
(Assigned Tasks: Anne wrote to Suchith and Jason about the website funding)
 
Line 47: Line 47:
  
 
* [UNASSIGNED] answer Suchith's email about ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Student Awards. Ask if a budget allocation is what is required now, if other involved parties will contribute too, what is the desired payment method (e.g. refund students on personal basis, give free FOSS4G passes)
 
* [UNASSIGNED] answer Suchith's email about ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Student Awards. Ask if a budget allocation is what is required now, if other involved parties will contribute too, what is the desired payment method (e.g. refund students on personal basis, give free FOSS4G passes)
* [UNASSIGNED] answer Suchith's email about Geo4All website funding. Ask if a budget allocation is what is required now, if it is possible to get a draft budget, which hosting has been considered.
+
* [Anne] answer Suchith's email about Geo4All website funding. Ask if a budget allocation is what is required now, if it is possible to get a draft budget, which hosting has been considered.
 
* [Jachym] document voting procedure (Anne: IRC votes, I suppose)
 
* [Jachym] document voting procedure (Anne: IRC votes, I suppose)
 
* [Jeff] send FOSS4Gs updates by email
 
* [Jeff] send FOSS4Gs updates by email

Latest revision as of 07:32, 30 April 2015

This board meeting is scheduled for the 5th of February 2015 at 15.00 UTC through IRC and follow up voting by email.

Agenda

Current items

Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2015-01-15
  • brief treasurer report
  • Funding requests:
    • Request for Philadelphia Code Sprint funding (thread)
    • Request for ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Student Awards seed funding (10k USD) (request) (award wiki)
    • Request for ICA-OSGeo Labs website funding (request)
      • Based on discussions in the mail lists, we decided that investing in the website and web resources are key for us (and the website benefits all the labs members), so we wish to request that from the 5k USD allocation for ICA-OSGeo labs , 3500 USD is used for the website for 2015 with 1000 USD in future for annual maintenance efforts. - extract from the email sent by Suchith Anand
    • Request for funding for the (second) OSGeo Townhall at the European Geoscience Union (EGU) General Assembly. Details and background info here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/EGU_Townhall_2015
  • FOSS4Gs
    • FOSS4G 2015 Seoul update
    • FOSS4G 2016 update
  • Board F2F (Anne)
  • Google Summer of Code: update from Anne
  • Developing a Diversity statement for the Foundation
  • Beginning plans for a 2015 budget (similar to OSGeo Budget 2014)
  • Select next meeting date/time

Items from past meetings

  • Updating/Recording accurate foundation officers
    • Website committee chair not active (according to the chair)
    • Geodata committee not actively used (according to the chair)
    • Marketing committee without a chair
  • Updating/Recording accurate local chapters
  • Agree on 5-level project evaluation as proposed by Cameron [1]
  • OSGeo is now a registered 'organization' with OGC, and goal is to have all OSGeo "products"/projects listed there. (initial discussion on Projects list)

Minutes

  • Attending: all Board members
  • Presiding: Jeff
  • Scribing: Anne

Assigned Tasks

  • [UNASSIGNED] answer Suchith's email about ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Student Awards. Ask if a budget allocation is what is required now, if other involved parties will contribute too, what is the desired payment method (e.g. refund students on personal basis, give free FOSS4G passes)
  • [Anne] answer Suchith's email about Geo4All website funding. Ask if a budget allocation is what is required now, if it is possible to get a draft budget, which hosting has been considered.
  • [Jachym] document voting procedure (Anne: IRC votes, I suppose)
  • [Jeff] send FOSS4Gs updates by email
  • [Anne] send F2F updates by email

Motions (confirmed by email)

Motion +1 0 -1 Abstain Passed? Notes
approve past meeting's minutes 9 0 0 0 Yes
allocate 10k USD in OSGeo 2015 budget for the ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Students Awards initative. The funds will be requested by the award's committee with a detailed fund request. 7 1: +0 from Bart 1: a -1 from Maxi 0 No action item: clarification per email
approve the funding request of 2600 USD for EGU OSGeo Townhall meeting 8 1 (+0 from Mike) 0 0 Yes

Full, raw minutes notes

IRC Log at http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2015-02-05.log

  • 15:00 Meeting starts, all Board members are present
  • 15:01 MOTION: approve past meeting's minutes: 9 votes in favour, motion passed
  • 15:03 Treasurer report from Mike Smith
    • OSGeo credit card is now active, and all the recurring charges use the new card (mail, domain hosting, and quickbooks)
    • the yearly Delaware incorporation filing has been updated with new directors' addresses. Thanks to Daniel Morissette for the help and extended documentation about all Treasurer processes
    • SAC requested a replacement HD for a server at the OSU lab. That drive was purchased and has been shipped to OSU
    • GSoC 2014 invoice has been paid and deposited in the old account (when it was sent out, we hadn't the new account yet)
    • New associate sponsor: Planet Labs
  • 15:10 Funding requests
    • 15:10 Funding request for Philadelphia Code Sprint
      • The fund request was subsequently updated per email, the requested amount matches the surplus from Vienna Code Sprint
      • Mike Smith will attend the sprint and sort out the details there, with both Philadelphia and Vienna organisers. No motion required yet.
    • 15:16 Request for ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Student Awards seed funding (10k USD)
      • ICA-OSGeo Labs coordinators request OSGeo Board to allocate 10k USD from the OSGeo budget for initiating the ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Student Awards scheme.
      • There is extensive discussion about whether the money is asked immediately or just earmarked from the budget, and how it will be spent.
      • Anne and Jeff clarify that the money is only allocated in the budget, not given out yet. Most of the board then agrees on the allocation.
      • MOTION: allocate 10k USD in OSGeo 2015 budget for the ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Students Awards initative. The funds will be requested by the award's committee with a detailed fund request.
      • Motion is not passed for -0 vote. ACTION ITEM: answer to email and ask for more details on the initiative/funding.
    • 15:36 Request for ICA-OSGeo Labs website funding
      • The discussion is much like the one for previous topic: the request could be more precise. Some Board members ask for a budget outline before releasing the funds. Again, this could be only listed in the budget for now, and actual money transfer will happen later with a clear support of documentation of expenses.
      • Most Board members agree on funding development, but not paying for external hosting.
      • ACTION ITEM: answer to email, as above.
    • 15:48 Request for funding for the (second) OSGeo Townhall at the European Geoscience Union (EGU) General Assembly: request - 2600 USD
      • The wiki page of the request is very detailed, as well as the one for past event. Jachym would have liked a detailed budget, however.
      • MOTION: approve the funding request of 2600 USD for EGU OSGeo Townhall meeting. All vote in favour except Mike who has reserves over the cost of catering, that is the bulk of the requested amount.
  • 15:53 GSoC 2015
    • Anne mentions that she won't be primary administrator for 2015, and that the Board will have to vote for the appointment of the admins before next meeting, i.e. per email. Deadline for OSGeo GSoC registration is 20th February.
  • 15:56 FOSS4G updates and F2F updates are deferred to emails.
  • 15:57 OSGeo Diversity statement
    • A short discussion leads to a common thought, that OSGeo CoC should be short, simple, and tailored on OSGeo's actual needs and environment. For sure, inspiration from other documents is useful, and the similarity with all CoCs will make them stronger (David Bitner participates to discussion.)
  • 16:00 Next meeting time: 5th March, 15:00 UTC Board_Meeting_2015-03-05