Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2015-10-15"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(4 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 27: Line 27:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Attending: Mike, Maxi, , Jeff, Anita, Venka, Sanghee, Jody, Helena, Vasile, Jachym (Secretary)
+
* Attending: Mike, Maxi, Jeff, Anita, Venka, Sanghee, Jody, Helena, Vasile, Jachym (Secretary)
 
* Presiding: Jeff
 
* Presiding: Jeff
 
* Scribing: Vasile
 
* Scribing: Vasile
Line 38: Line 38:
 
** OSGeos Education and Curriculum Effort is no longer active and should be replaced by the GeoForAll initiative. Further discussions and clarifications on the mailing list are required;
 
** OSGeos Education and Curriculum Effort is no longer active and should be replaced by the GeoForAll initiative. Further discussions and clarifications on the mailing list are required;
 
** Further discussions on the ML are also required for the ISPRS_2016 coordination;
 
** Further discussions on the ML are also required for the ISPRS_2016 coordination;
** We will try to limit the IRC meetings to 1 hour.
+
** Code Signing Certificates: $500 approved annually, details to be sorted out on SAC mailing list with QGIS representatives.
 +
** We will try to limit the IRC meetings to 1 hour. The board should consider bimonthly meetings in the future.
  
  
Line 53: Line 54:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Approve past meeting's minutes
 
| Approve past meeting's minutes
|  
+
| 8
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| Yes
|
+
| -
 
|-
 
|-
 
| OSGeo board should be given write access to the drupal website
 
| OSGeo board should be given write access to the drupal website
|  
+
| 8
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| Yes
|
+
| -
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Confirm Jeff, Mike and Jachym for another term as president, treasurer and secretary
 
| Confirm Jeff, Mike and Jachym for another term as president, treasurer and secretary
|  
+
| 8
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| Yes
|
+
| -
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Cover travel expenses for President to attend OpenGIS conference in Moscow and for developing guidelines for the future events
 
| Cover travel expenses for President to attend OpenGIS conference in Moscow and for developing guidelines for the future events
|  
+
| 7
|  
+
| 1
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| 1
|  
+
| Yes
|
+
| -
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Move discussion of covering costs for Steve open drone workshop to FOSS4G 2015 LOC
 
| Move discussion of covering costs for Steve open drone workshop to FOSS4G 2015 LOC
|  
+
| 8
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| -
|  
+
| Yes
|
+
| -
 
|-
 
|-
 
|  
 
|  

Latest revision as of 06:07, 12 November 2015

This board meeting is scheduled for the 15th of October 2015 at 14.00 UTC through IRC and follow up voting by email.

Agenda

Current items

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2015-08-13
  • brief treasurer report (including sponsors list)
  • naming a president, treasurer, secretary for 2015/2016
  • On behalf of the OSGeo Foundation, the Board express deep sympathies and condolences to Frank Wamerdam, Former President of OSGeo
  • Cover travel expenses for President to attend OpenGIS conference in Moscow http://gisconf.ru/
  • Cover costs of the Build a Drone Workshop at FOSS4G-Seoul
  • discuss working with the UN-GIS team. Including an invite to join a working group on Geospatial Information and Services for Disasters
  • pick 2 days for a Board face-to-face meeting (or "Board Sprint") to outline goals and vision for the foundation
  • Setup private file sharing system for the Board (paid DropBox accounts, or other options) see http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_infrastructure and https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1547
  • clarify Geo4all position within OSGeo and cancel the Edu-Committe as it is non active and already replaced by geo4all (see osgeo main page) - rather than canceling the vote should be about a transition from Edu-committee to geo4all - it will take some time and effort to make sure the infrastructure is not lost and it is properly labeled
  • ISPRS_2016 coordination
  • discuss possibility of OSGeo software signing certificates [Anita] (i.e. OSX seems to not allow installation of unsigned software by default --> user needs to change configuration --> signed software would appear more professional. On the QGIS mailing list, we were discussing that we could have a QGIS.org certificate but since QGIS depends on so many other OSGeo tools - which would also have to be signed - it might be more appropriate to have an OSGeo certificate.)
  • add your items here

Items from past meetings

Minutes

  • Attending: Mike, Maxi, Jeff, Anita, Venka, Sanghee, Jody, Helena, Vasile, Jachym (Secretary)
  • Presiding: Jeff
  • Scribing: Vasile
    • Approved last minute;
    • Tresurer report: Jeff and Mike are currently working with PayPal to properly transfer the Canadian PayPal account to a new US one; For late 2014 - 2015 we only had one sponsor of OSGeo and that was Alan Moore of ThinkWare that was an Associate Sponsor - a sponsor clean up is required; We are in the process on finalizing our 2014 IRS filing; CT Corp was paid for the next year OSGeo Incorporation;
    • Mike, Jachym and Jeff are willing to continue in their current positions as treasurer, secretary and president;
    • OSGeo will be represented by Jeff at the OpenGIS conference in Moscow (http://gisconf.ru/);
    • OSGeo should create a working group dedicated to work with the UN-GIS team;
    • The board members should pick 2 days for a Board face-to-face meeting (or "Board Sprint");
    • OSGeos Education and Curriculum Effort is no longer active and should be replaced by the GeoForAll initiative. Further discussions and clarifications on the mailing list are required;
    • Further discussions on the ML are also required for the ISPRS_2016 coordination;
    • Code Signing Certificates: $500 approved annually, details to be sorted out on SAC mailing list with QGIS representatives.
    • We will try to limit the IRC meetings to 1 hour. The board should consider bimonthly meetings in the future.


Motions (confirmed by email)

Motion +1 0 -1 Abstain Passed? Notes
Approve past meeting's minutes 8 - - - Yes -
OSGeo board should be given write access to the drupal website 8 - - - Yes -
Confirm Jeff, Mike and Jachym for another term as president, treasurer and secretary 8 - - - Yes -
Cover travel expenses for President to attend OpenGIS conference in Moscow and for developing guidelines for the future events 7 1 - 1 Yes -
Move discussion of covering costs for Steve open drone workshop to FOSS4G 2015 LOC 8 - - - Yes -

Full, raw minutes notes