Board Meeting 2016-11-03
Revision as of 05:56, 6 November 2016 by Kalxas (Work in progress - minutes)
This board meeting is scheduled for the 3rd of November 2016 at  through IRC and follow up voting on Loomio.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Approve last meeting minutes
- Appoint president and regional vice-presidents
- Budget 2017
- Discuss about CRO Feedback 
- incubation: The incubation committee has recognized the GeoNode project as having met our graduation requirements. We would like to formally put for this project for recognition by the board, with Jeff Johnson volunteering to serve as project officer.
- results of the f2f on committee guidelines
- Add agenda items
- Attending: Venka, Helena, Michael, Angelos, Jody, Maria, Anita
- Presiding: Venka
- Scribing: Angelos
- MOT1(Venka): Approve meeting minutes from 2016-10-20. Motion moved to Loomio.
- MOT2(Jody): The incubation committee has recognized the GeoNode project as having met our graduation requirements. We would like to formally put for this project for recognition by the board, with Jeff Johnson volunteering to serve as project officer.
- Results of GeoNode going through the incubation process 
- Incubation Committee voting 
- Venka proposed to plan an incubation sprint in the near future. Jody reported that teams interested in making progress have been content to do so in a normal OSGeo code sprint.
- Jody wanted to recognize a key point in our motion above - recognizing Jeff Johnson as project officer. As a project officer he formally acts on behalf of our organization, and reports to the board if we have any questions about GeoNode is getting on in the world. So we are recognizing two things with this motion - a new OSGeo project joining our Foundation - and a new individual joining our Foundation
- Jody also noted: I would also point out that GeoNode completed incubation very quickly for such a large project; I was very impressed. They even got stuck (on code ownership) and were still one of our fastest projects.
- Micael noted: its a big project, diverse support, experienced people, not that surprising, imho
- Motion moved to Loomio.
- Appoint president and regional vice-presidents
- Angelos nominated Venka for the role of the President, Helena seconded, Venka accepted the nomination.
- Venka nominated Helena for the role of Vice-President,
- Michael asked to clarify if president and/or vice presidents need to be board members. There is nothing in the bylaws that require this and we have secretary that is not currently on the board.
- Venka proposed that President and Vice Presidents should be roles assigned to active board members.
- Angelos added that the President should be someone with support from the Charter members, and since the only elections are for board members, the President should be a member of the current board.
- Venka noted that things that are not mentioned in the bylaws is up to the board to decide.
- Jody noted that this issue was covered in the f2f meeting and that the bylaws are very short and easy to meet. One reason this is put off until we have a new board is so this board can decide how we want to run things.
- Michael asked the board to decide that we want the president/vice-presidents to be board members but then we have to clarify that president/vp are different from other officers (eg secretary / treasurer). Michael expressed his will to staying on as treasurer after board membership. Angelos agreed that secretary and treasurer can be a longer term positions. Jody acknowledged Michael's point, especially with a region lock (for legal reasons) on the treasure role.
- Jody asked (in f2f meeting) for Venka's feedback on how having two vice-presidents was. Venka indicated that it was a positive relationship, with a division of travel and work that made his position easier. Jody commented that he can see the division of travel but not the division of work. Jody pointed out that we can have any of our members represent us in an official capacity at events - all we need to do is ask.
- Venka also suggested that Project steering committee be designated as XXX Project Officers and Leaders of other committees (Marketing, Incubation etc. be designated as Associate Vice President), so OSGeo has one President, 2 Vice-Presidents, many Associate Vice Presidents and many Project Officers.
Tabled for email/loomio discussion
- GeoNode graduation:
- Update the website, or open a SAC ticket since updating the website is hard (Jody)
- Make a news anouncement (Venka)
|MOT1: Approve meeting minutes from 2016-10-20||Venka, Angelos, Anita, Maria, Helena, Vasile||Michael, Jody, Sanghee||Passed|
|MOT2: The incubation committee has recognized the GeoNode project as having met our graduation requirements. We would like to formally put for this project for recognition by the board, with Jeff Johnson volunteering to serve as project officer||Jody, Venka, Anita, Angelos, Michael, Maria, Sanghee, Helena, Vasile||Passed|
Motions here are to be confirmed by email for public record.
See email thread on the Board list.