Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2018-06-06"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
m
Line 99: Line 99:
  
 
Next meeting: 5th of July.
 
Next meeting: 5th of July.
 +
 +
=== IRC Log ===
 +
 +
* http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2018-06-06.log
  
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2018]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2018]]

Revision as of 05:50, 18 July 2018

This board meeting is scheduled for the 6. of June 2018 at 16.00 UTC through IRC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.

Note that the meeting is limited to 1 hour.

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes
  • Approve OSGeo Representative text
  • Approve TODO list and action to advertise
  • Delegate Maria Brovelli to sign MoU with Youth mappers for OSGeo president
  • Discuss and approve OSGeo as partner for UN World Challenge 2018 http://www.worldchallenge.live/
  • Project Reviews - ticket
  • Feedback from FOSS4G NA and member meeting Member_Meeting_FOSS4GNA_2018, planning 2019
  • FOSS4G Europe Planning Update
  • FOSS4G Dar Es Salaam Update
    • Booth
    • Travelling
    • discussion
  • Recognize OSGeoUS as local chapter, since foss4gna wiki page now lists members and group has had its first meeting

Last meeting 2018-05-01

Minutes

  • Presiding: Astrid
  • Scribing: María

Attending:

  • Angelos
  • Helena
  • María A (Scribe)
  • Astrid (Chair)
  • Jeff

Review and approve past minutes

Board Meeting 2018-05-01

Motion to approve the minutes passed.

Face_to_Face_Meeting_Bonn_2018

Jody sent an email about this on 7th of May. Angelos finished the review of actions. Project health check has continued. Postponed approval until we have time to read it.

Approve OSGeo Representative text

Third attempt approved. María will write a text to publish.

Approve TODO list and action to advertise

Issue tracker on https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/todo/issues as official board for tasks so volunteers can get involved easier. Motion approved. Astrid and María A will write some news and promote it.

Delegate Maria Brovelli to sign MoU with Youth mappers for OSGeo president

Motion approved.

Discuss and approve OSGeo as partner for UN World Challenge 2018

Geo4all will be providing awards from its budget so we just need to officialy approve OSGeo support, so that they can add us as partners http://www.worldchallenge.live/organizers.html

Motion approved, although we would prefer that Nasa WorldWide would join OSGeo, at least as a community project. We will ask incubation committe to try again.

Project Reviews

Angelos requested QGIS, FDO, OSSIM and GeoNetwork to present an annual report. Only QGIS answered. But as they are right now changing their officer, Anita will do the presentation.

Angelos will keep asking other projects to join.

QGIS

Anita Graser presents the report: https://www.qgis.org/en/_downloads/QGISAnnualReport2017.pdf

Feedback from FOSS4G NA and member meeting Member_Meeting_FOSS4GNA_2018, planning 2019

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Member_Meeting_FOSS4GNA_2018

Helena mentions that at the member meeting there we just few people but a good start for the chapter. Most were new to OSGeo.

FOSS4G Europe Planning Update

María is taking care of B2B in FOSS4GEU. Astrid will be helping with the booth.

FOSS4G Dar Es Salaam Update

Astrid is taking care of sponsoring, events and the booth. María B is taking care also about some of the events, like the breakfast.

Jeff is taking care of the Sol Katz award and is going to travel to FOSS4G.

Discussion about the level of sponsorship for FOSS4G this year: platinum or gold. Not very clear. Jeff proposes to sponsor all main FOSS4G events. We are going to continue the discussion by email and check about how much will it cost for us the whole conference thing (travelling and sponsoring).

Recognize OSGeoUS as local chapter

Motion approved.

Final

Jeff requests more emails on the board mailing list.

Next meeting: 5th of July.

IRC Log