Board Meeting 2018-07-05

From OSGeo
Revision as of 06:50, 19 July 2018 by Kalxas (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This board meeting is scheduled for the 5. of July 2018 at 16.00 UTC through IRC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.


Current items

Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.

Note that the meeting is limited to 1 hour.

Last meeting 2018-06-06


  • Presiding: Astrid
  • Scribing: Angelos


  • Astrid
  • Jody
  • Michael
  • Jeff
  • Angelos
  • Vasile

OSGeo Project reviews

  • GeoNetwork review postponed to next meeting.
  • FDO did not reply
  • PostGIS represented by Regina Obe:

PostGIS is planning a code sprint in late September and will use our $2000 budget for that. Discussion about PostGIS attending the main OSGeo Code Sprint in 2019. PostGIS PSC does not have meetings, they are always in constant communication via IRC or PostGIS development so never really had a need for a meeting. PostGIS project seems healthy and functioning properly.

  • OpenLayers could not attend the meeting but they provided the report as slides in the slideshow from 2017 AGM.

Review and approve past minutes

Review and approve minutes from Face_to_Face_Meeting_Bonn_2018

MOT1: Motion to approve the meeting minutes from Face_to_Face_Meeting_Bonn_2018

  • Astrid +1 (initial motion)
  • Angelos +1 (seconded)
  • Michael +1
  • Jody +1
  • Vasile +1
  • Jeff +0 (was not present)

Motion moved to Loomio:

Status: Passed

Review and approve minutes from Board_Meeting_2018-06-06

MOT2: Motion to approve the meeting minutes from 2018-06-06 meeting

  • Astrid +1 (Initial motion)
  • Angelos -1 (voting log on motions is missing)

Action: Angelos to update the vote logs and bring the motion back to vote on Loomio.

OSGeo at OGRS 2018 request for funding [1] [2]

Based on Board is not needed to make a decision.

GeoForAll DNS transfer

Regina has the domain control of it under namesake and will discuss with Michael about logistics on payment

Request for approval of Thailand Chapter [3]

MOT3: Motion to formally approve Thai local chapter according to structure at OSGeo officer/representative will be Dr Phisan Santitamnont (Phisan was chair of FOSS4G-2004 event)

  • Jeff +1 (initial motion)
  • Angelos +1 (seconded)
  • Astrid +1
  • Michael +1
  • Vasile +1

Motion moved to Loomio:

Status: Passed

Action: Jeff volunteered to contact the local chapter and welcome them and ask them whether they need something like mailing list, local chapter page on etc

FOSS4G Europe


  • Maria A., Vasile, Astrid are going.
  • Breakfast final arrangements.
  • Everything is fine for FOSS4G-E. We should advertise it some more.