Board Meeting 2018-12-17
This is a F2F video meeting happening on https://meet.jit.si/OsgeoBoard
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- 2.1 Review and approve past minutes
- 2.2 Review actions from previous meeting
- 2.3 Welcome new board members!
- 2.4 Approve payment from marketing committee
- 2.5 F2F Meeting Discussion
- 2.6 2019 Planning
- 2.7 On boarding
- 2.8 Closing
Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.
Note that this meeting is limited to 2 hours, and has as a priority on boarding our new board members.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Pre-meeting discussion
- No update from conference committee, perhaps next meeting?
- Election update? Ask for CRO to attend next meeting ...
- Review and approve past minutes
- Review actions from previous meeting
- Welcome new board members
- Approve payment from marketing committee
- Marketing committee lacks a chair, requires president to step in to authorize contract payment
- F2F Meeting Discussion
- Discussion on appointment of new officers
- 2019 Planning
- This helps shape our email to projects and committee ahead of draft budget
- Helps kick off a priority discussion on the board email list, which will set our board spending priorities ahead of draft budget
- add your items here
- On boarding - See Board of Directors/OnboardingChecklist
- Chair: Jody
- Scribe: all
- Vicky (guest)
Review and approve past minutes
- Jody starts by welcoming the new members of the board and going through the meeting points. We have to plan a real face to face meeting, where we will decide the officers and to settle down a bit.
- Loomio has been updated, removing old board members and adding the new ones. Starting a new Loomio thread as a demo for new board members.
- Voting procedure is explained, what a blocking means and how you can abstain with +0 or -0. Electronic voting need 100% of the votes but votes on a meeting only require voting. As a courtesy, we always pass an electronic voting even if the motion passed on a meeting.
- Quick round about the continuity of using loomio. There’s agreement to continue using it, at least until there’s a better choice.
Loomio motion to approve last meeting minutes: https://www.loomio.org/d/OkzBMPdb/approve-meeting-mins-for-2018-11-07 Status: Open
Review actions from previous meeting
- Jody will take care of this item. There has been some naming problems on the new projects.
- Angelos has informed the projects and QGIS answered this morning. We are waiting for the other projects to reply. pycsw will be tested again. MapServer testing is pending, GDAL has provided tests in the past. GeoServer and GeoNetwork need time and effort to be able to issue for testing.
- Jody shows the OSGeo issue tracker and how it works.
- We are delayed on the budget draft.
- Action: Contact projects https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/29
- Action: [M] Create wiki pages to describing guidelines for funding and legal support for communities, projects and initiatives https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/30
Welcome new board members!
- Action: Reach out to CRO for an election update/report
- Action: Reach out to foss4g committee for update on selection process. Done
Approve payment from marketing committee
- Encourage the marketing committee to point a chair to get this forward.
- Action: Motion on the marketing mailing list. Astrid doing it right now.
- Discussion about location of bylaws on the web site.
F2F Meeting Discussion
- Discussion about when and where to have the F2F meeting.
- January seems hard to plan.
- Thoughts about attending Code Sprint in Minneapolis. FOSS4G might be too late in the year for a F2F.
- Video F2F is also considered, like last year.
- Maria: Help local events
- Tom: Focus on OGC, new standards coming up and this is an opportunity for OSGeo.
- Michael: long term treasurer
- Angelos: contact to projects, work on project health status reports, contact to SAC, make sure SAC has what it needs to provide support to community
- Victoria: involving more young people in OSGeo; GSoC and GCI - impact of this on growing the community
- Astrid: continuing as secretary, work on marketing and events, publishing event and project pages, local chapters
- Jody: Manage relationships and Org to Org outreach. Looking for help.
- Discussion about Loomio hosting in our infrastructure.
- Discussion about moving from DropBox to NextCloud.
- Discussion about which IM platform to use this year (or this month :)
- Motion to close the meeting.
- Next meeting on Thursday, another video meeting to start working on the budget.