Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2019-05-27"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "This board meeting is '''scheduled 27 May 2019''' at [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2019&month=5&day=27&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=256&p2=286&p3=...")
 
(added categories)
 
(11 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 12: Line 12:
 
* ''appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary''
 
* ''appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary''
 
* ''Review and approve past minutes''
 
* ''Review and approve past minutes''
** [[Board_Meeting_2019-04-27]]
+
** [[Board_Meeting_2019-04-29]]
 
* Review outstanding action items
 
* Review outstanding action items
 
* code of conduct revamp
 
* code of conduct revamp
 +
** https://berlincodeofconduct.org - event
 +
** https://www.contributor-covenant.org/ - project
 +
** accountability and enforcement
 
* Planning F2F Meeting
 
* Planning F2F Meeting
 +
* UniZar mirroring osgeo
 
* Additional topics are welcome, meeting is open and you are encouraged to attend
 
* Additional topics are welcome, meeting is open and you are encouraged to attend
  
Line 21: Line 25:
  
 
* FOSS4G meeting planning and travel arrangements
 
* FOSS4G meeting planning and travel arrangements
 +
 +
=== sidebar on accountability and enforcement ===
 +
 +
accountability
 +
 +
* start with believing report, aggrieved party is the judge of harassment
 +
- Intension of behaviour (for example) does not matter, only the result
 +
 +
strong enforcement (harassment):
 +
 +
* evict from the event or community
 +
* crimes are reported to authorities
 +
* public letter to organization (employer or university) posted on our website, to be fair a willingness to publish response from institution
 +
* violators of code of conduct will be not welcomed to future events, local chapters may also wish to respect this
 +
 +
soft enforcement (example inappropriate language, sexually charged slide material):
 +
 +
* discuss code of conduct with individual, evict from event or community as required
 +
* letter to organization (employer or university) allowing organization to handle matter with discretion
 +
* future event participation requires apology + permission of organizer + signed code of conduct posted in public on our website
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Presiding:  
+
* Presiding: Michael
* Scribing:  
+
* Scribing: Jody
  
 
Attending:
 
Attending:
  
*  
+
* Michael
 +
* Jody
 +
* Victoria
 +
* Angelos
 +
* Astrid
 +
* Tom
 +
* Maria
  
 
=== Review and approve past minutes ===
 
=== Review and approve past minutes ===
  
==== [[Board_Meeting_2019-04-27]] ====
+
Minutes recorded here [[https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-05-27]]
 +
 
 +
* Discussion the  [[Board_Meeting_2019-04-29]] notes were not approved, waiting on Jeff see [https://www.loomio.org/p/GgVo3xmu/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2019-04-29 loomio]
 +
 
 +
MOT1: approve last months meeting notes
 +
 
 +
* Michael +1 (initial motion)
 +
* Jody +1 (seconded)
 +
* Victoria +1
 +
* Angelos +1
 +
* Astrid +1
 +
* Tom +1
  
 
=== Review of outstanding action items ===
 
=== Review of outstanding action items ===
 +
 +
Review of open tickets: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues
 +
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/34 update section 5.2 of by-laws] updated on website, ticket remains open pending reporting change to IRS
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/15 FOSS4G 2018 action item] -  closed
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/32 Flickr transfer of photos] - closed as won't fix (we will just lose our history)
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/18 video and archiving] - Astrid will take on
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/17 update secretary page ] - in progress?
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/9 Write expectations for physical presence at FOSS4G events]
 +
** discussion on role of board in this "expected" activities 
 +
** lots of interest in volunteer (Victoria, Michael, etc...)
 +
** move to marketing committee meeting ... astid/jody take action
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/35 update sponsorship choices] - added
  
 
=== Code of conduct revamp ===
 
=== Code of conduct revamp ===
  
=== IRC Log ===
+
Discussion of:
 +
 
 +
* [https://berlincodeofconduct.org Berlin Code of Conduc] - events!
 +
* [https://www.contributor-covenant.org/ Contributor Covenant: A Code of Conduct for Open Source Projects] - projects!
 +
 
 +
Discussion on accountability and enforcement (see sidebar above, and sensitive discussion in the IRC logs).
 +
 
 +
MOT2: Update code of conduct with contributor-covenant recommendation, berlinecodeofconduct for events
 +
 
 +
* Jody +1
 +
* Maria +1
 +
* Astrid +1
 +
* Michael +1
 +
* Victoria +1
 +
* Angelos +1
 +
* Tom +1
 +
 
 +
=== Planning F2F ===
 +
 
 +
Meeting planning:
 +
 
 +
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-08-24
 +
 
 +
Discussion:
 +
 
 +
* timetable and travel logistics
 +
** Saturday morning work party
 +
** Saturday noon start
 +
* start email thread to discuss wiki cleanup (done)
 +
 
 +
=== Tabled ===
 +
 
 +
* UniZar mirroring osgeo
 +
* OGC API Hackathon coordination - take to email
 +
 
 +
=== UniZar mirroring osgeo ===
 +
 
 +
Offer to mirror downloads, not time for discussion.
  
* http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2019-05-27.log
 
  
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2019]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2019]]

Latest revision as of 13:58, 24 June 2019

This board meeting is scheduled 27 May 2019 at 16:00 - 17:00 UTC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.

Agenda:

Breakout:

  • FOSS4G meeting planning and travel arrangements

sidebar on accountability and enforcement

accountability

  • start with believing report, aggrieved party is the judge of harassment

- Intension of behaviour (for example) does not matter, only the result

strong enforcement (harassment):

  • evict from the event or community
  • crimes are reported to authorities
  • public letter to organization (employer or university) posted on our website, to be fair a willingness to publish response from institution
  • violators of code of conduct will be not welcomed to future events, local chapters may also wish to respect this

soft enforcement (example inappropriate language, sexually charged slide material):

  • discuss code of conduct with individual, evict from event or community as required
  • letter to organization (employer or university) allowing organization to handle matter with discretion
  • future event participation requires apology + permission of organizer + signed code of conduct posted in public on our website

Minutes

  • Presiding: Michael
  • Scribing: Jody

Attending:

  • Michael
  • Jody
  • Victoria
  • Angelos
  • Astrid
  • Tom
  • Maria

Review and approve past minutes

Minutes recorded here [[1]]

MOT1: approve last months meeting notes

  • Michael +1 (initial motion)
  • Jody +1 (seconded)
  • Victoria +1
  • Angelos +1
  • Astrid +1
  • Tom +1

Review of outstanding action items

Review of open tickets: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues

Code of conduct revamp

Discussion of:

Discussion on accountability and enforcement (see sidebar above, and sensitive discussion in the IRC logs).

MOT2: Update code of conduct with contributor-covenant recommendation, berlinecodeofconduct for events

  • Jody +1
  • Maria +1
  • Astrid +1
  • Michael +1
  • Victoria +1
  • Angelos +1
  • Tom +1

Planning F2F

Meeting planning:

Discussion:

  • timetable and travel logistics
    • Saturday morning work party
    • Saturday noon start
  • start email thread to discuss wiki cleanup (done)

Tabled

  • UniZar mirroring osgeo
  • OGC API Hackathon coordination - take to email

UniZar mirroring osgeo

Offer to mirror downloads, not time for discussion.