Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2019-05-27"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Review and approve past minutes)
(Current items)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 12: Line 12:
 
* ''appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary''
 
* ''appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary''
 
* ''Review and approve past minutes''
 
* ''Review and approve past minutes''
** [[Board_Meeting_2019-04-27]]
+
** [[Board_Meeting_2019-04-29]]
 
* Review outstanding action items
 
* Review outstanding action items
 
* code of conduct revamp
 
* code of conduct revamp
 +
** https://berlincodeofconduct.org - event
 +
** https://www.contributor-covenant.org/ - project
 +
** accountability and enforcement
 
* Planning F2F Meeting
 
* Planning F2F Meeting
 +
* UniZar mirroring osgeo
 
* Additional topics are welcome, meeting is open and you are encouraged to attend
 
* Additional topics are welcome, meeting is open and you are encouraged to attend
  
Line 21: Line 25:
  
 
* FOSS4G meeting planning and travel arrangements
 
* FOSS4G meeting planning and travel arrangements
 +
 +
=== sidebar on accountability and enforcement ===
 +
 +
accountability
 +
 +
* start with believing report, aggrieved party is the judge of harassment
 +
- Intension of behaviour (for example) does not matter, only the result
 +
 +
strong enforcement (harassment):
 +
 +
* evict from the event or community
 +
* crimes are reported to authorities
 +
* public letter to organization (employer or university) posted on our website, to be fair a willingness to publish response from institution
 +
* violators of code of conduct will be not welcomed to future events, local chapters may also wish to respect this
 +
 +
soft enforcement (example inappropriate language, sexually charged slide material):
 +
 +
* discuss code of conduct with individual, evict from event or community as required
 +
* letter to organization (employer or university) allowing organization to handle matter with discretion
 +
* future event participation requires apology + permission of organizer + signed code of conduct posted in public on our website
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==

Latest revision as of 09:05, 27 May 2019

This board meeting is scheduled 27 May 2019 at 16:00 - 17:00 UTC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.

Agenda:

Breakout:

  • FOSS4G meeting planning and travel arrangements

sidebar on accountability and enforcement

accountability

  • start with believing report, aggrieved party is the judge of harassment

- Intension of behaviour (for example) does not matter, only the result

strong enforcement (harassment):

  • evict from the event or community
  • crimes are reported to authorities
  • public letter to organization (employer or university) posted on our website, to be fair a willingness to publish response from institution
  • violators of code of conduct will be not welcomed to future events, local chapters may also wish to respect this

soft enforcement (example inappropriate language, sexually charged slide material):

  • discuss code of conduct with individual, evict from event or community as required
  • letter to organization (employer or university) allowing organization to handle matter with discretion
  • future event participation requires apology + permission of organizer + signed code of conduct posted in public on our website

Minutes

  • Presiding:
  • Scribing:

Attending:

Review and approve past minutes

Minutes recorded here Board_Meeting_2019-04-29

Review of outstanding action items

Code of conduct revamp

IRC Log