Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2019-06-24"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "This board meeting is '''scheduled 24 June 2019''' at [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2019&month=6&day=24&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=256&p2=286&p3...")
 
m (Review and approve past minutes)
 
(9 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
This board meeting is '''scheduled 24 June 2019''' at [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2019&month=6&day=24&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=256&p2=286&p3=161&p4=269 16:00 - 17:00 UTC], a record of motions is preserved on [https://www.loomio.org/g/kdSmIwxu/osgeo-board loomio] and actions on [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues osgeo todo] issue tracker.
+
This board meeting is '''scheduled 24 June 2019''' at [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2019&month=6&day=24&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=256&p2=286&p3=161&p4=269&p5=141 16:00 - 17:00 UTC], a record of motions is preserved on [https://www.loomio.org/g/kdSmIwxu/osgeo-board loomio] and actions on [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues osgeo todo] issue tracker.
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
Line 14: Line 14:
 
** [[Board_Meeting_2019-05-27]]
 
** [[Board_Meeting_2019-05-27]]
 
* Review outstanding action items
 
* Review outstanding action items
 +
** [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/28 welcome new community projects]
 +
** projects being returned to community program
 +
* Community project update
 +
** pygeoapi has joined the program, announcement pending improved [http://osgeo.org/projects/pygeoapi/ project page] :)
 
* Planning F2F Meeting
 
* Planning F2F Meeting
 +
* youtube account for FOSS4G see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/37
 +
* Status OSGeo Booth FOSS4G
 +
* Info: Talk accepted '''Get to know OSGeo and how OSGeo is connected to OpenStreetMap''' Astrid Emde  at Sotm Heidelberg 21.9.2019 https://2019.stateofthemap.org/program/
 
* Additional topics are welcome, meeting is open and you are encouraged to attend
 
* Additional topics are welcome, meeting is open and you are encouraged to attend
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Presiding:  
+
* Presiding: Maria
*  
+
* Scribing: Astrid
 +
 
 +
Attending:
 +
 
 +
* Michael
 +
* Victoria
 +
* Angelos
 +
* Astrid
 +
* Maria
 +
* Jody - joined temporary
  
 
=== Review and approve past minutes ===
 
=== Review and approve past minutes ===
  
Minutes recorded here [[Board_Meeting_2019-05-27]]
+
Minutes recorded here [[https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-05-27]]
 +
 
 +
MOT1: Approve past minutes ( https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-05-27 )
 +
* Maria +1 (initial motion)
 +
* Angelos +1 (seconded)
 +
* Michael +1
 +
* Victoria +1
 +
* Astrid +1
 +
* Jody +1
 +
 
 +
Motion on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/Me4Yby0n/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2019-05-27
 +
 
 +
Status: Passed during meeting.
 +
 
 +
===Community project update ===
 +
==== pygeoapi ====
 +
* pygeoapi has applied to be included as a new community project recently - incubation committee passed a motion
 +
* pygeoapi has joined the program, announcement pending improved [http://osgeo.org/projects/pygeoapi/ project page]
 +
* Board welcomes pygeoapi
 +
* https://www.osgeo.org/projects/pygeoapi/
  
 
=== Review of outstanding action items ===
 
=== Review of outstanding action items ===
  
=== Code of conduct revamp ===
+
==== welcome new community projects ====
 +
* not discussed during the meeting
 +
** [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/28 welcome new community projects]
  
=== IRC Log ===
 
  
* http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2019-06-24.log
+
==== projects being returned to community program ====
 +
* Proposal passed already to return FDO, OSSIM, geomajas, MapFish and MapGuide to Community Projects status since they do not meet the graduated project criteria.
 +
* Angelos suggested to talk to every project. He volunteers to contact them.
 +
* See also discussion at http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2019-06-24.log
 +
* ACTION: Angelos contacting dormant projects before motions to move them to Community status
  
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2019]]
 
  
* Scribing:  
+
=== Planning F2F Meeting ===
* Attending:
+
* tasks were collected at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Face_to_Face_Meeting_Bucharest_2019
 +
* Maria proposes to have the mornings for working sessions and the evenings for discussions
 +
* working sessions would be cleanup of the wiki 
 +
* ACTION: Astrid will ask BLOC for a room
 +
* Additional topics are welcome, meeting is open and you are encouraged to attend
  
=== Review and approve past minutes ===
+
=== AGM 2019 ===
 +
* page and docs are prepared [[Annual_General_Meeting_2019]]
 +
* ACTION: Astrid will send another mail to encourage people to add content
 +
* ACTION: Astrid will check with BLOC for time/date
 +
* no OSGeo Member Meeting is planned
  
Minutes recorded here [[Board_Meeting_2019-05-27]]
 
  
=== Review of outstanding action items ===
+
=== youtube account for FOSS4G ===
 +
* see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/37
 +
* Discussion see
 +
* MOT2: "Open a youtube account for FOSS4G see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/37"
 +
* Status: failed. Due to -1
 +
* Discission to the pass the discussion to the marketing committee as it is an outreach topic
 +
* ACTION: JOdy as a member of the marketing committee will take an action to start an email motion to create youtube account
 +
 
 +
 
 +
=== Status OSGeo Booth FOSS4G ===
 +
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2019_OSGeo_Booth
 +
* Lounge / Sofa like in 2018 would be great
 +
* Status: we need more volunteers
 +
* Action: everyone Reach out looking for volunteers for the OSGeo booth
 +
* Action: Astrid tweet/mail to encourage more people to help, Mail to eurepean list
 +
* Action: Astrid contacting BLOC regarding AGM and booth
 +
* Action: Maria will reach out to new members to see if they can volunteer for this or for other tasks (like elections!)
 +
 
 +
=== SotM Talk accepted Get to know OSGeo and how OSGeo is connected to OpenStreetMap ===
 +
* Info: Talk accepted '''Get to know OSGeo and how OSGeo is connected to OpenStreetMap''' Astrid Emde  at Sotm Heidelberg 21.9.2019 https://2019.stateofthemap.org/program/
 +
* Astrid will discuss with the board at FOSS4G which content could be presented
 +
 
 +
 
 +
=== Review of open tickets ===
 +
*  https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues
  
=== Code of conduct revamp ===
+
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/9 Write expectations for physical presence at FOSS4G events]
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/11 2018 OSGeo Project Status reviews]
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/13 Link to PDF agreement in a consistent fashion]
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/17 update secretary page]
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/18 video and archiving]
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/35 update sponsorship choices] - jody
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/36 FOSS4G OSGeo Booth 2019] - Astrid / jody / marketing committee?
 +
* [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/37 Create Youtube account for FOSS4G]
  
 
=== IRC Log ===
 
=== IRC Log ===

Latest revision as of 02:07, 25 June 2019

This board meeting is scheduled 24 June 2019 at 16:00 - 17:00 UTC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.

Agenda:

Minutes

  • Presiding: Maria
  • Scribing: Astrid

Attending:

  • Michael
  • Victoria
  • Angelos
  • Astrid
  • Maria
  • Jody - joined temporary

Review and approve past minutes

Minutes recorded here [[1]]

MOT1: Approve past minutes ( https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-05-27 )

  • Maria +1 (initial motion)
  • Angelos +1 (seconded)
  • Michael +1
  • Victoria +1
  • Astrid +1
  • Jody +1

Motion on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/Me4Yby0n/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2019-05-27

Status: Passed during meeting.

Community project update

pygeoapi

Review of outstanding action items

welcome new community projects


projects being returned to community program

  • Proposal passed already to return FDO, OSSIM, geomajas, MapFish and MapGuide to Community Projects status since they do not meet the graduated project criteria.
  • Angelos suggested to talk to every project. He volunteers to contact them.
  • See also discussion at http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2019-06-24.log
  • ACTION: Angelos contacting dormant projects before motions to move them to Community status


Planning F2F Meeting

  • tasks were collected at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Face_to_Face_Meeting_Bucharest_2019
  • Maria proposes to have the mornings for working sessions and the evenings for discussions
  • working sessions would be cleanup of the wiki
  • ACTION: Astrid will ask BLOC for a room
  • Additional topics are welcome, meeting is open and you are encouraged to attend

AGM 2019

  • page and docs are prepared Annual_General_Meeting_2019
  • ACTION: Astrid will send another mail to encourage people to add content
  • ACTION: Astrid will check with BLOC for time/date
  • no OSGeo Member Meeting is planned


youtube account for FOSS4G


Status OSGeo Booth FOSS4G

  • https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2019_OSGeo_Booth
  • Lounge / Sofa like in 2018 would be great
  • Status: we need more volunteers
  • Action: everyone Reach out looking for volunteers for the OSGeo booth
  • Action: Astrid tweet/mail to encourage more people to help, Mail to eurepean list
  • Action: Astrid contacting BLOC regarding AGM and booth
  • Action: Maria will reach out to new members to see if they can volunteer for this or for other tasks (like elections!)

SotM Talk accepted Get to know OSGeo and how OSGeo is connected to OpenStreetMap

  • Info: Talk accepted Get to know OSGeo and how OSGeo is connected to OpenStreetMap Astrid Emde at Sotm Heidelberg 21.9.2019 https://2019.stateofthemap.org/program/
  • Astrid will discuss with the board at FOSS4G which content could be presented


Review of open tickets

IRC Log