Board Meeting 2019-07-29

From OSGeo
Revision as of 21:37, 12 August 2019 by Vrautenbach (Talk | contribs) (FOSS4G Oceania request)

Jump to: navigation, search

This board meeting is scheduled 29 July 2019 at 16:00 - 17:00 UTC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.

Agenda:

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes
  • Review outstanding action items
    • From SAC - Regina Obe's contract was not yet signed
  • Planning F2F Meeting
    • Please review/edit agenda and be ready to discuss
  • AGM Planning - looks like AGM is part of an 1.5 hour block on Friday
    • Please review/edit AGM Slides and be ready to discuss
    • OSGeo board is responsible for formal part (treasurer, secretary, president) - mostly health/happiness content
    • contact all projects
    • contact all committees
  • Planing Sponsor/Partner networking - breakfast meeting?
  • Discuss whether to support the PublicCode campaign by FSFE
  • Marketing committee update
  • Local Chapter inquries
  • FOSS4G Oceania request, we should just take the code sprint request as an event request (more than enough information has been provided)
  • Additional topics are welcome, meeting is open and you are encouraged to attend

Minutes

  • Presiding: Jody
  • Scribing: Victoria

Attending:

  • Angelos
  • Helena
  • Jody
  • Michael
  • Victoria

Review and approve past minutes

Minutes recorded here [[1]]

MOT0: Approve minutes from previous meeting (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-06-24)

  • Jody +1 (initiated)
  • Angelos +1 (seconded)
  • Helena +0
  • Michael +1
  • Victoria +1

Motion on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/90szuBLP/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2019-06-24

Status: Passed during meeting.

Review of outstanding action items

Contract that need to be signed

Board acknowledged the great work done by Regina Obe in SAC. As vice-president, Helena signed Regina Obe's contract. The contract was saved on NextCloud.

Code of Conduct

The following pages was updated based on previous discussions:

The board is encouraged to review the text before the next board meeting.

Project updates

To be reviewed at the F2F meeting in August.

Ticket #11 2018 OSGeo Project Status reviews (https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/11) was closed as it was specific for 2018.

Angelos will create a new ticket for 2019 updates.

Planning F2F Meeting

The agenda is available at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-08-24

Please add any items not yet covered.

AGM Planning

All board members should update the AGM slides. 1.5 hours during the F2F is also available for some discussion regarding the AGM.

The 45 minute time slot is a bit short for a comprehensive discussion, a BOF session might be an option for committee and project discussions or updates.

Planing Sponsor/Partner networking - breakfast meeting

Thursday morning 08:00 - 09:00 Michael volunteered to find a venue for the event.

Discuss whether to support the PublicCode campaign by FSFE

MOT1: Add Open Source Geospatial Foundation to the public money / public code open letter at https://publiccode.eu/

  • Jody +1 (initiated)
  • Angelos +1 (seconded)
  • Helena +0
  • Michael +1
  • Victoria +1

Motion on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/krLJC4wc/add-open-source-geospatial-foundation-to-the-public-money-public-code-open-letter-at-https-publiccode-eu-

Status: Passed during meeting.

Marketing committee update

Status OSGeo Booth FOSS4G

Little activity on the page. Motioned tabled.

Local Chapter inquiries

Some inquiry and chapters reorganising.

FOSS4G Oceania request

Funding ($2,250 NZD) request for code sprint and community day.

MOT2: Approve upto $3000 USD event funding for Oceania community day activity

  • Michael +1 (initiated)
  • Jody +1 (seconded)
  • Angelos +0
  • Helena +1
  • Victoria +1

IRC Log