Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2019-10-28"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
m
(added topic reminder Budget)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 22: Line 22:
 
* Scribing: Astrid
 
* Scribing: Astrid
 
* Attending: Maria, Angelos, Astrid, Helena, Tom, Michael, Victoria
 
* Attending: Maria, Angelos, Astrid, Helena, Tom, Michael, Victoria
 +
 +
===Review and approve past minutes===
 +
 +
====[[Board Meeting 2019-08-24]] Face to Face Meeting Bucharest 2019====
 +
 +
* Meeting minutes not ready yet
 +
 +
====[[Board_Meeting_2019-09-30]]====
 +
 +
MOT1: Approve meeting minutes from [[Board_Meeting_2019-09-30]]
 +
* Angelos: +1 initial motion
 +
* Tom: +1 seconded
 +
* Maria: +1
 +
* Helena: +1
 +
* Michael: +1
 +
* Astrid: +1
 +
* Victoria: +1
 +
 +
Motion on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/AqweIJPn/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2019-09-30
 +
 +
Status: Passed during meeting
 +
 +
===Sponsoring Education activity from http://www.4onse.org project===
 +
 +
* Feels too rush and not very detailed to be able to vote in favor.
 +
* ACTION: Maria to contact Massimiliano asking for more details and more formal proposal.
 +
 +
===GeoNetwork code-sprint [[Geonetwork 2019 openlayers migration|geonetwork openlayers migration sprint]] request===
 +
 +
* 10 days of effort is estimated
 +
* 2k project budget for 2019 not spent yet, we need to remind the project just need to get PSC to approve.
 +
* Please use the project funding first
 +
 +
===FOSS4G Europe 2020 Valmiera Lativa July 2020===
 +
 +
* https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2019-October/005300.html
 +
* the Local team is in process of forming
 +
* volunteers are welcome
 +
 +
===More OSGeoLive usb drives to spread===
 +
 +
* We have received 1000 more usbs.
 +
* Many tickets to spread them on conferences (foss4g begum, foss4g finland ... looks like it works fine)
 +
 +
===Cameron, Ron, Reese request approval for setting up of a [[Lexicon Committee]]===
 +
 +
* https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2019-October/012337.html
 +
* The name keeps changing but it is an important initiative
 +
* Wondering why this has to be a separate committee from standards
 +
* Helena (mailing list): Standards not a formal committee, just a working group.
 +
* New committee needs a chair for the board to approve.
 +
* ACTION: Angelos to provide feedback to Cameron
 +
 +
===QGIS Funding request===
 +
 +
* QGIS treasurer sent an invoice for 20k euros
 +
* The remaining QGIS budget for 2019 is 8000$ and 3000$ for developers meeting.
 +
* QGIS can ask for another funding request for 2020 when the new board forms.
 +
* ACTION: Michael to reach out to Andreas Neumann to tell him about the 11k for 2019
 +
 +
MOT2: Approve additional 3000 $ for QGIS budget for 2019 (reaching to a total of 11000$) that have not been used for the QGIS developer meeting 2019
 +
* Angelos: +1 initial motion
 +
* Michael: +1 seconded
 +
* Tom: +1
 +
* Helena: +1
 +
* Astrid: +1
 +
* Victoria: +1
 +
* Maria: +1
 +
 +
Motion on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/LEckd8ue/approve-additional-3000-for-qgis-budget-for-2019-reaching-to-a-total-of-11000-that-have-not-been-used-for-the-qgis-developer-meeting-2019
 +
 +
Status: Passed during meeting
 +
 +
===Planning next meeting to approve new charter members===
 +
 +
* https://doodle.com/poll/2t63m5aiwub7e9vy
 +
 +
=== OSGeo Budget - Reminder about Budget 2019 ===
 +
* Idea to write on the projects mailing list to remind projects to use the project budget for 2019
 +
* Action item for Astrid: Done: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/projects/2019-October/000207.html
 +
  
 
== Actions ==
 
== Actions ==
 +
 +
* Maria to contact Massimiliano asking for more details and more formal proposal.
 +
* Angelos to provide feedback to Cameron about Lexicon committee
 +
* Michael to reach out to Andreas Neumann to tell him about the 11k for 2019
 +
* Astrid: Mail to project mailing list to remind the projects of the budget 2019 (done Astrid 2019-10-28)
  
 
=== IRC Log ===
 
=== IRC Log ===

Latest revision as of 06:46, 4 November 2019

This board meeting is scheduled 28 October 2019 at 16:00 - 17:00 UTC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

  1. roll call
    • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. Sponsoring Education activity from http://www.4onse.org project
  4. GeoNetwork code-sprint geonetwork openlayers migration sprint request
  5. FOSS4G Europe 2020 Valmiera Lativa July 2020 https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2019-October/005300.html
  6. more OSGeoLive usb dirves to spread - see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/
  7. Cameron, Ron, Reese request approval for setting up of a Lexicon Committee, as per https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2019-October/012337.html
  8. QGIS Funding request - see email

Minutes

  • Presiding: Helena
  • Scribing: Astrid
  • Attending: Maria, Angelos, Astrid, Helena, Tom, Michael, Victoria

Review and approve past minutes

Board Meeting 2019-08-24 Face to Face Meeting Bucharest 2019

  • Meeting minutes not ready yet

Board_Meeting_2019-09-30

MOT1: Approve meeting minutes from Board_Meeting_2019-09-30

  • Angelos: +1 initial motion
  • Tom: +1 seconded
  • Maria: +1
  • Helena: +1
  • Michael: +1
  • Astrid: +1
  • Victoria: +1

Motion on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/AqweIJPn/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2019-09-30

Status: Passed during meeting

Sponsoring Education activity from http://www.4onse.org project

  • Feels too rush and not very detailed to be able to vote in favor.
  • ACTION: Maria to contact Massimiliano asking for more details and more formal proposal.

GeoNetwork code-sprint geonetwork openlayers migration sprint request

  • 10 days of effort is estimated
  • 2k project budget for 2019 not spent yet, we need to remind the project just need to get PSC to approve.
  • Please use the project funding first

FOSS4G Europe 2020 Valmiera Lativa July 2020

More OSGeoLive usb drives to spread

  • We have received 1000 more usbs.
  • Many tickets to spread them on conferences (foss4g begum, foss4g finland ... looks like it works fine)

Cameron, Ron, Reese request approval for setting up of a Lexicon Committee

  • https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2019-October/012337.html
  • The name keeps changing but it is an important initiative
  • Wondering why this has to be a separate committee from standards
  • Helena (mailing list): Standards not a formal committee, just a working group.
  • New committee needs a chair for the board to approve.
  • ACTION: Angelos to provide feedback to Cameron

QGIS Funding request

  • QGIS treasurer sent an invoice for 20k euros
  • The remaining QGIS budget for 2019 is 8000$ and 3000$ for developers meeting.
  • QGIS can ask for another funding request for 2020 when the new board forms.
  • ACTION: Michael to reach out to Andreas Neumann to tell him about the 11k for 2019

MOT2: Approve additional 3000 $ for QGIS budget for 2019 (reaching to a total of 11000$) that have not been used for the QGIS developer meeting 2019

  • Angelos: +1 initial motion
  • Michael: +1 seconded
  • Tom: +1
  • Helena: +1
  • Astrid: +1
  • Victoria: +1
  • Maria: +1

Motion on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/LEckd8ue/approve-additional-3000-for-qgis-budget-for-2019-reaching-to-a-total-of-11000-that-have-not-been-used-for-the-qgis-developer-meeting-2019

Status: Passed during meeting

Planning next meeting to approve new charter members

OSGeo Budget - Reminder about Budget 2019


Actions

  • Maria to contact Massimiliano asking for more details and more formal proposal.
  • Angelos to provide feedback to Cameron about Lexicon committee
  • Michael to reach out to Andreas Neumann to tell him about the 11k for 2019
  • Astrid: Mail to project mailing list to remind the projects of the budget 2019 (done Astrid 2019-10-28)

IRC Log