Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2019-12-30"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Current items)
(protocoll for meeting transferred from google doc)
Line 13: Line 13:
 
# Approve seed funds for FOSS4G 2021
 
# Approve seed funds for FOSS4G 2021
 
# Review [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-12-09#Actions actions] list.
 
# Review [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-12-09#Actions actions] list.
 +
# Question about the UNIGIS MoU https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_UNIGIS
 
# Add more agenda items here...
 
# Add more agenda items here...
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Presiding:  
+
* Presiding: Angelos
* Scribing:  
+
* Scribing: All, Astrid transfers the protocol to the wiki
* Attending:  
+
* Attending: Mike, Astrid, Angelos, Till, Victoria, Helena, Cordrina
 +
 
 +
==== Review and approve past minutes [[Board Meeting 2019-12-09]]====
 +
 +
2: MOT1: Approve meeting notes: 2019-12-09
 +
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-12-09
 +
 
 +
* Angelos: Motion started +1
 +
* Mike: Seconded +1
 +
* Codrina: +1
 +
* Astrid: +1
 +
* Till: +1
 +
* Victoria: +1
 +
* Helena: +1
 +
* Vicky: +1
 +
 
 +
* Motion passed during the meeting
 +
* Motion on Loomio https://www.loomio.org/d/uwKCv1d6/approve-meeting-minutes-for-2019-12-09
 +
 
 +
 
 +
==== Discussion about Loomio  ====
 +
* Loomio is asking for a fee this year: 10 $ per year for entire group
 +
* Alternatively we could install it on our own infrastructure
 +
* Who is the owner of the loomio account? At the moment everybody of the board is registered. We have to find out whether there is an owner.
 +
* After Discussion everyone would like to continue to work on loomio on the public version.
 +
* ACTION: Michael - upgrade loomio account. (DONE by Michael. 10 $ per year for community members): Action Done
 +
 
 +
 
 +
==== Onboarding ====
 +
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors/OnboardingChecklist
 +
* See also https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors
 +
 
 +
 
 +
===== Discussion about Face to Face meetings =====
 +
* budget discussion will be done via video meeting, no f2f meeting needed
 +
* we could meet at FOSS4G or in Athens at the Community Sprint
 +
* decision is postponed for the time being, as not everybody will be in Calgary for sure
 +
 
 +
===== Bylaws =====
 +
ACTION ALL BOARD MEMBERS please read the byLaws https://www.osgeo.org/about/bylaws/
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
==== Appointing new Roles ====
 +
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors
 +
 
 +
Background Information about the different roles
 +
https://www.osgeo.org/about/board/
 +
 
 +
MOTION2: Appoint new OSGeo Officers
 +
 
 +
Board Members:
 +
* Treasurer: Mike
 +
* Secretary: Astrid
 +
* Vice-President: Vicky
 +
* Vice-President: Helena
 +
* Vice-President: Victoria
 +
* Vice-President: Codrina
 +
* President: Angelos
 +
* Chair: Till
 +
 
 +
* Motion needs 100 % voting and passed on Loomio https://www.loomio.org/d/wf2IraCe/appoint-new-osgeo-officers
 +
* Motion passed on Loomio
 +
 
 +
 
 +
==== Seed funds for FOSS4G 2021 ====
 +
* https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2019-December/012488.html
 +
* ACTION Till talk to the Argentinian Team about the seed funding and the procedure of return of seed money and surplus
 +
 
 +
 
 +
MOTION 3:: Approve seed funding for Argentina 2021 with negotiated % profit returned to OSGeo
 +
* Angelos: +1
 +
* Mike: +1
 +
* Till: +1
 +
* Astrid: +1
 +
* Vicky: +1
 +
* Helena: +1
 +
* Victoria: +1
 +
* Codrina: +1
 +
 
 +
* Motion passed during the meeting
 +
* Motion on Loomio https://www.loomio.org/d/ne1vYE8S/seed-funds-for-foss4g-2021-
 +
 
 +
==== Action on Actions ====
 +
* ACTION: Angelos to add previous actions on the gitea todo
 +
* https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/
 +
 
 +
=== Next meetings ===
 +
==== Budget Meeting ====
 +
* Budget meeting 13. January 15 UTC (2 hours VIdeo Meeting) - [[Board Meeting 2020-01-13]]
 +
* Angelos will send a reminder to the projects
 +
 
 +
==== next regular meeting
 +
Next regular Meeting 27. January 16 UTC
 +
* [[Board Meeting 2020-01-27]]
 +
 
  
  

Revision as of 08:25, 3 January 2020

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 30 December 2019 at 14:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

  1. roll call
    • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. Onboarding
  4. Appoint new OSGeo Officers.
  5. Approve seed funds for FOSS4G 2021
  6. Review actions list.
  7. Question about the UNIGIS MoU https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_UNIGIS
  8. Add more agenda items here...

Minutes

  • Presiding: Angelos
  • Scribing: All, Astrid transfers the protocol to the wiki
  • Attending: Mike, Astrid, Angelos, Till, Victoria, Helena, Cordrina

Review and approve past minutes Board Meeting 2019-12-09

2: MOT1: Approve meeting notes: 2019-12-09 https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-12-09

  • Angelos: Motion started +1
  • Mike: Seconded +1
  • Codrina: +1
  • Astrid: +1
  • Till: +1
  • Victoria: +1
  • Helena: +1
  • Vicky: +1


Discussion about Loomio

  • Loomio is asking for a fee this year: 10 $ per year for entire group
  • Alternatively we could install it on our own infrastructure
  • Who is the owner of the loomio account? At the moment everybody of the board is registered. We have to find out whether there is an owner.
  • After Discussion everyone would like to continue to work on loomio on the public version.
  • ACTION: Michael - upgrade loomio account. (DONE by Michael. 10 $ per year for community members): Action Done


Onboarding


Discussion about Face to Face meetings
  • budget discussion will be done via video meeting, no f2f meeting needed
  • we could meet at FOSS4G or in Athens at the Community Sprint
  • decision is postponed for the time being, as not everybody will be in Calgary for sure
Bylaws

ACTION ALL BOARD MEMBERS please read the byLaws https://www.osgeo.org/about/bylaws/


Appointing new Roles

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors

Background Information about the different roles https://www.osgeo.org/about/board/

MOTION2: Appoint new OSGeo Officers

Board Members:

  • Treasurer: Mike
  • Secretary: Astrid
  • Vice-President: Vicky
  • Vice-President: Helena
  • Vice-President: Victoria
  • Vice-President: Codrina
  • President: Angelos
  • Chair: Till


Seed funds for FOSS4G 2021


MOTION 3:: Approve seed funding for Argentina 2021 with negotiated % profit returned to OSGeo

  • Angelos: +1
  • Mike: +1
  • Till: +1
  • Astrid: +1
  • Vicky: +1
  • Helena: +1
  • Victoria: +1
  • Codrina: +1

Action on Actions

Next meetings

Budget Meeting

  • Budget meeting 13. January 15 UTC (2 hours VIdeo Meeting) - Board Meeting 2020-01-13
  • Angelos will send a reminder to the projects

==== next regular meeting Next regular Meeting 27. January 16 UTC


Actions

IRC Log