Board Meeting 2020-01-27
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- 2.1 Review and approve past minutes Board_Meeting_2020-01-13
- 2.2 Appoint Jody Garnett and Enock Seth Nyamador as co-chairs of Marketing Committee
- 2.3 Negotiation with Buenos Aires Team
- 2.4 f2f Meeting
- 2.5 FOSS4G Registering Trademark (Email from Steven F.)
- 2.6 Email from Bart 5.12. regarding board actions towards Halifax-actions
- 2.7 Discuss request from osgeo4w for yearly budget
- 3 Actions
- 4 IRC Log
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes
- Appoint Jody Garnett and Enock Seth Nyamador as co-chairs of Marketing Committee.
- Negotiation with Buenos Aires Team
- f2f Meeting - https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/hacBIYOAEA/
- FOSS4G Registering Trademark (Email from Steven F.)
- Email from Bart 5.12. regarding board actions towards Halifax-actions
- Discuss request from osgeo4w for yearly budget
- Project report from Marble
- QGIS Summer camp, Summer school, Contributer meeting and Conference - application for sponsorship
- Request W3C Web mapping workshop, Montreal June 15-17 
- Request for collaboration for an NSF research project
- FOSS4G Europe 2020 request for seed funding 
- GSoC 2020, Importance of that program.
- Add more agenda items here...
- Presiding: Till
- Scribing: Angelos
- Attending: Till, Astrid, Angelos, Tom, Codrina, Helena, Victoria, Michael, Vicky
Review and approve past minutes Board_Meeting_2020-01-13
- Motion was already made on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/cNZLd04X/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2020-01-13
- Motion passed on Loomio.
Appoint Jody Garnett and Enock Seth Nyamador as co-chairs of Marketing Committee
- Jody Garnett present.
- Jody is going to try to restart the marketing / outreach committee
MOT 1: Appoint Jody Garnett and Enock Seth Nyamador as co-chairs of Marketing Committee
- Astrid: +1 (Initial motion)
- Angelos: +1 (seconded)
- Helena: +1
- Tom: +1
- Till: +1
- Victoria: +1
- Codrina: +1
- Michael: +1
- Vicky: +1
- Motion passed during the meeting
- Motion on Loomio: ?
- ACTION: Astrid to update the website officer list
Negotiation with Buenos Aires Team
- On Conference Committee mailing list there was a proposal of Eli: First 30k 50/50, then 90/10
- ACTION: Till to talk to BALOC and report back
- Some concers that Athens will be very busy. Note that we are planning a co-located OGC API Hackathon at that time.
- Maybe we could meet the day after or before the community sprint
- Thoughts about having the f2f in both places so that at least all can participate personally on one
- Give more time for all to vote on the poll and also discuss on mailing list before making a decision.
FOSS4G Registering Trademark (Email from Steven F.)
- Example from ASF: https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/
- Discussion about FOSS4G and ribon trademarks.
- This discussion was raised before (with the LocationTech thing), Venka, as the initiator, did not agree.
- Perhaps make a wider discussion about this. Maybe board and conf-list.
- Jody: For TM our website (and the old website) claims the trademark https://www.osgeo.org/legal-information/ Text is copied from old website, I assumed folks who wrote it knew what was what.
- Probably should first start with a CC vote to do this before we go wider.
- ACTION: Till to answer Steven
- Side discussion about OSGeo Store online. Looks like a topic for the marketing committee.
Email from Bart 5.12. regarding board actions towards Halifax-actions
- Actions such as unresponsiveness on request from the community and also the board and the other actions taken were against the CoC.
- Bart's email was more about the actions and not how to handle promoting Calgary as the official conference.
- It's a good idea to ask CoC-committee for their thoughts on this.
- Also note that Jeff was unresponsive while being on the board for more than 6 months
- We should at least have a common public position.
- Vicky as co-chair of CoC committee tried to contact Jeff, and he was unresponsive
- Maybe someone could try to call him on the phone. Looks like other channels do not work.
- If it was weeks, there can maybe be some lenience and understanding, but this is working against OSGeo and FOSS4G for months.
- This is a wider issue regarding the fact that OSGeo doesn't have the tools to protect itself from these actions.
- Prevention: Own the trademark
- It is not a priority to contact Jeff right now or revive this halifax topic.
- Bylaws do mention that the board can remove members if they missbehave.
Discuss request from osgeo4w for yearly budget
- Paolo Cavalini present.
- Astrid to update the website officer list
- Till to talk to BALOC and report back
- Till to answer Steven about the FOSS4G Trademark.