Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2020-05-25"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(7 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 17: Line 17:
  
 
* Presiding: Till
 
* Presiding: Till
* Scribing:
+
* Scribing: Angelos
* Attending:  
+
* Attending: Mike, Vicky, Angelos, Till, Codrina, Victoria, Helena, Astrid, Tom
* Guests:
+
* Guests: -
 +
 
 +
=== Review and approve past minutes ===
 +
 
 +
* Moved to Loomio
 +
* https://www.loomio.org/d/a6vjkMhW/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2020-04-27
 +
 
 +
=== Approve FLOSSK Kosovo as official Local OSGeo Chapter ===
 +
 
 +
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Kosovo_Chapter
 +
 
 +
MOT1: Motion to approve FLOSSK Kosovo as official Local OSGeo Chapter
 +
* Mike: +1 (Initial motion)
 +
* Astrid: +1 (Seconded)
 +
* Vicky: +1
 +
* Angelos: +1
 +
* Till: +1
 +
* Codrina: +1
 +
* Victoria: +1
 +
* Helena: +1
 +
* Astrid: +1
 +
* Tom: +1
 +
 
 +
* Motion passed during the meeting.
 +
 
 +
* ACTION: Astrid tweet about the new local chapters @FLOSSK
 +
* ACTION: Vicky: contact Besfort Guri and send information about the next steps
 +
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Local_Chapter_Guidelines
 +
https://www.osgeo.org/local-chapters/
 +
 
 +
 
 +
=== Discuss request from J. Neufeld to refund 100% of loss for FOSS4G 2020 ===
 +
 
 +
* Discussion about the losses from the Calgary team
 +
* We need a public request on the official board-mailing list and then vote on refunding the loss by OSGeo
 +
* The costs for the travels of the board plus the TGP is more or less the same as the lost amount
 +
* Request CC again for clearer rules for the future: Clear agreement on what OSGeo takes over and what not
 +
* ACTION: Till contact Conference Committee
 +
* Ask John to send an email to cover the losses to the board-list, then board can make a motion on Loomio and answer
 +
* ACTION: Till will contact John and will explain the procedure
 +
 
 +
=== GitHub sponsors ===
 +
 
 +
* Discussion about the options and requirements about using GitHub sponsors functionality.
 +
* GeoTools and pgrouting can be the pilot projects.
  
 
== Actions ==
 
== Actions ==

Revision as of 10:20, 25 May 2020

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 25 May 2020 at 16:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

  1. roll call
    • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. Approve FLOSSK Kosovo as official Local OSGeo Chapter (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Kosovo_Chapter)
  4. Discuss request from J. Neufeld to refund 100% of loss for FOSS4G 2020
  5. GitHub sponsors [1]
  6. Add more agenda items here...

Minutes

  • Presiding: Till
  • Scribing: Angelos
  • Attending: Mike, Vicky, Angelos, Till, Codrina, Victoria, Helena, Astrid, Tom
  • Guests: -

Review and approve past minutes

Approve FLOSSK Kosovo as official Local OSGeo Chapter

MOT1: Motion to approve FLOSSK Kosovo as official Local OSGeo Chapter

  • Mike: +1 (Initial motion)
  • Astrid: +1 (Seconded)
  • Vicky: +1
  • Angelos: +1
  • Till: +1
  • Codrina: +1
  • Victoria: +1
  • Helena: +1
  • Astrid: +1
  • Tom: +1
  • Motion passed during the meeting.
  • ACTION: Astrid tweet about the new local chapters @FLOSSK
  • ACTION: Vicky: contact Besfort Guri and send information about the next steps

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Local_Chapter_Guidelines https://www.osgeo.org/local-chapters/


Discuss request from J. Neufeld to refund 100% of loss for FOSS4G 2020

  • Discussion about the losses from the Calgary team
  • We need a public request on the official board-mailing list and then vote on refunding the loss by OSGeo
  • The costs for the travels of the board plus the TGP is more or less the same as the lost amount
  • Request CC again for clearer rules for the future: Clear agreement on what OSGeo takes over and what not
  • ACTION: Till contact Conference Committee
  • Ask John to send an email to cover the losses to the board-list, then board can make a motion on Loomio and answer
  • ACTION: Till will contact John and will explain the procedure

GitHub sponsors

  • Discussion about the options and requirements about using GitHub sponsors functionality.
  • GeoTools and pgrouting can be the pilot projects.

Actions

IRC Log