Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2020-07-27"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(4 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 19: Line 19:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Presiding:
+
* Presiding: Till
* Scribing:
+
* Scribing: Angelos
* Attending:
+
* Attending: Till, Angelos, Mike, Helena, Astrid, Tom, Codrina
* Guests:
+
* Guests: Jody Garnett
 +
 
 +
===Review and approve past minutes===
 +
 
 +
* [[Board_Meeting_2020-06-29]]
 +
* Motion on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/7FyWVKcj/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2020-06-29
 +
 
 +
===AGM===
 +
 
 +
* Discussion about potential dates for a virtual AGM
 +
* AGM on thursday, 10th of September at 18:00 UTC
 +
* Discussion on platform (Jitsi or other).
 +
* ACTION: Till to discuss with Markus and SAC about hosting platform.
 +
* https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/84
 +
* [[Annual General Meeting 2020]]
 +
 
 +
===Charter member elections planning===
 +
 
 +
* ACTION: Angelos to contact previous CRO team (Jorge Gustavo Rocha and Anne Ghisla)
 +
* Potential elections kick off 15th Sept.
 +
 
 +
===Certification from OSGeo===
 +
 
 +
* [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2020-May/012663.html Post on Board mailing list]
 +
* If someone wants to do it, we would support that effort but it shouldn't be done by the board. Perhaps a new committee and some volunteers?
 +
* ACTION: Astrid can write the response and forward to the discuss list
 +
 
 +
===UCGIS MoU update===
 +
 
 +
* [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2020-May/012663.html Post on Board mailing list]
 +
* Helena is working with John Wilson on expanding open source geospatial in UCGIS GIST Body of knowledge and is looking for volunteer to write about OSGeoLive
 +
* ACTION: Angelos to bring up to the next OSGeoLive meeting
 +
 
 +
===Sol Katz Award 2020===
 +
 
 +
* Jeff wrote a mail and would like to start the process for Sol Katz Award 2020 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Sol_Katz_Award#2020_Call_for_Nominations]
 +
* The award will be given at the end of AGM
 +
 
 +
===Recognize Geostyler as joining the OSGeo Community program===
 +
 
 +
* [https://www.osgeo.org/projects/geostyler-is-a-generic-styler-for-geodata/ GeoStyles OSGeo page]
 +
 
 +
MOT1: Motion to recognize Geostyler as joining the OSGeo Community program
 +
* Angelos: +1 (Initial motion)
 +
* Helena: +1 (Seconded)
 +
* Till: 0
 +
* Tom: +1
 +
* Codrina: +1
 +
* Mike: +1
 +
 
 +
* Motion moved to Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/Hp3Sxso8/recognize-geostyler-as-joining-the-osgeo-community-program
 +
 
 +
===Review action items from past meetings===
 +
 
 +
* Angelos to send the Microsoft wish list soon
 +
* Astrid will send the mail to OSGeo sponsors and former FOSS4G sponsors
  
 
== Actions ==
 
== Actions ==

Revision as of 10:48, 1 August 2020

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 27 July 2020 at 16:00 UTC through IRC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

  1. roll call
    • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. AGM Annual General Meeting 2020
  4. Charter member elections planning
  5. Review action items from past meetings
  6. Certification from OSGeo [1]
  7. UCGIS MoU update, GISc Body of Knowledge OSGeo Live chapter author needed
  8. Sol Katz Award 2020
  9. recognize geostyler as joining the osgeo community program

Minutes

  • Presiding: Till
  • Scribing: Angelos
  • Attending: Till, Angelos, Mike, Helena, Astrid, Tom, Codrina
  • Guests: Jody Garnett

Review and approve past minutes

AGM

Charter member elections planning

  • ACTION: Angelos to contact previous CRO team (Jorge Gustavo Rocha and Anne Ghisla)
  • Potential elections kick off 15th Sept.

Certification from OSGeo

  • Post on Board mailing list
  • If someone wants to do it, we would support that effort but it shouldn't be done by the board. Perhaps a new committee and some volunteers?
  • ACTION: Astrid can write the response and forward to the discuss list

UCGIS MoU update

  • Post on Board mailing list
  • Helena is working with John Wilson on expanding open source geospatial in UCGIS GIST Body of knowledge and is looking for volunteer to write about OSGeoLive
  • ACTION: Angelos to bring up to the next OSGeoLive meeting

Sol Katz Award 2020

  • Jeff wrote a mail and would like to start the process for Sol Katz Award 2020 [2]
  • The award will be given at the end of AGM

Recognize Geostyler as joining the OSGeo Community program

MOT1: Motion to recognize Geostyler as joining the OSGeo Community program

  • Angelos: +1 (Initial motion)
  • Helena: +1 (Seconded)
  • Till: 0
  • Tom: +1
  • Codrina: +1
  • Mike: +1

Review action items from past meetings

  • Angelos to send the Microsoft wish list soon
  • Astrid will send the mail to OSGeo sponsors and former FOSS4G sponsors

Actions

IRC Log