Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2020-08-31"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 26: Line 26:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Presiding:
+
* Presiding: Till
* Scribing:
+
* Scribing: all
* Attending:
+
* Attending: Angelos, Codrina, Till, Tom, Astrid, Victoria, Michael, Tom, Vicky
 
* Guests:
 
* Guests:
 +
 +
=== AGM planning ===
 +
* https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/84
 +
* ACTION: (Angelos, Astrid) mail to the projects and mail to all lists again with new time, platform and reminder to change the slides till 08.09.2020
 +
* Ask for rooms, ask for topics for the after discussion
 +
* Announce financial discussion - how can OSGeo finances can be saved
 +
* Did we send a mail to our partners?
 +
* New meeting on 09.09.2020 16 UTC
 +
 +
==== AGM hosting platform ====
 +
* https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2500
 +
* We will switch to zoom
 +
* Rooms?
 +
** in the mail we can mention that LC or projects can have a room before the meeting
 +
** after the meeting we the room for more OSGeo discussion and a Geobeer room
 +
* ACTION: (Till): sum up possibilities to zoom accounts and send it via email to board. (Michael) create account on zoom. Till to close SAC ticket
 +
* Need to record session and upload on youtube later
 +
 +
==== AGM additional rooms ====
 +
* X (depends on available rooms) rooms for projects 1h before the meeting takes places
 +
* one room after meeting for OSGeo topics and one “virtual geobeer” room
 +
 +
==== AGM slide status ====
 +
* FOSS4G
 +
** add slides about FOSS4G future Calgary/Argentina and RFC2022
 +
** 2022 Italien team would like to run FOSS4G, they are working on their bid
 +
* ACTION: Codrina to share a document for the conference committee.
 +
 +
=== GeoNode participation in NFDI4Agriculture consortium ===
 +
* GeoNode wants to participate in this consortium, a legal entity is needed
 +
* Codrina sends document that explains the obligations for OSGeo.
 +
* ACTION: Till and Astrid to read and sum up for the board
 +
 +
=== UN Open GIS - Geo-AI consultation request ===
 +
* 11. September  UN Open GIS Artificial Intelligence for Geospatial - Consultation VTC
 +
* Angelos could join the meeting as OSGeo president
 +
* We should ask the Community about the activities in Geo-AI
 +
* ACTION: Mail and room before/at AGM
 +
 +
=== Microsoft meeting update ===
 +
* ACTION: Mike will create account for MS and provide to potential users (SAC)
 +
 +
=== Appoint CRO for 2020 elections ===
 +
* Make a LOOMIO ticket and approve Jorge and Anne as CRO’s
 +
* https://www.loomio.org/d/DxPmsgVe/appoint-chief-returning-officer-for-2020-member-elections-and-board-elections
 +
* Vicky helps CRO’s with statistics in order to see, who of the charter-members is inactive
 +
* After the approvement CRO will provide a schedule to discuss in the wiki
 +
* No help is needed from SAC
 +
 +
=== FOSS4G 2021 planning update ===
 +
* ACTION: Till to ask BLOC to join next board meeting
 +
 +
=== 1st Virtual UIA Associations Round Table Asia-Pacific ===
 +
* https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2020-August/012743.html
 +
* ACTION: Astrid Contact local chapters/members in Asia to participate. / mail to discuss
 +
* https://uia.org/roundtable/2020/asiapacificfor
 +
 +
=== Proceedings Inquiry ===
 +
* https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2020-August/012755.html
 +
* https://scholarworks.umass.edu/foss4g/
 +
* https://www.int-arch-photogramm-remote-sens-spatial-inf-sci.net/XLII-4-W14/
 +
* ACTION: Astrid will contact person from TIB and provide contact persons form conferences, refer to link of ISPRS  https://www.int-arch-photogramm-remote-sens-spatial-inf-sci.net/XLII-4-W14/
  
  

Revision as of 02:52, 2 September 2020

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 31 August 2020 at 16:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

  1. roll call
    • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. Appoint CRO for 2020 elections.
  4. AGM planning
    1. https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/84
    2. AGM hosting platform
      1. https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2500
    3. AGM additional rooms
    4. AGM slide status
  5. GeoNode participation in NFDI4Agriculture consortium [1]
  6. UN Open GIS - Geo-AI consultation request
  7. Microsoft meeting update
  8. FOSS4G 2021 planning update
  9. 1st Virtual UIA Associations Round Table Asia-Pacific [2]
  10. Proceedings Inquiry [3]

Minutes

  • Presiding: Till
  • Scribing: all
  • Attending: Angelos, Codrina, Till, Tom, Astrid, Victoria, Michael, Tom, Vicky
  • Guests:

AGM planning

  • https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/84
  • ACTION: (Angelos, Astrid) mail to the projects and mail to all lists again with new time, platform and reminder to change the slides till 08.09.2020
  • Ask for rooms, ask for topics for the after discussion
  • Announce financial discussion - how can OSGeo finances can be saved
  • Did we send a mail to our partners?
  • New meeting on 09.09.2020 16 UTC

AGM hosting platform

  • https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2500
  • We will switch to zoom
  • Rooms?
    • in the mail we can mention that LC or projects can have a room before the meeting
    • after the meeting we the room for more OSGeo discussion and a Geobeer room
  • ACTION: (Till): sum up possibilities to zoom accounts and send it via email to board. (Michael) create account on zoom. Till to close SAC ticket
  • Need to record session and upload on youtube later

AGM additional rooms

  • X (depends on available rooms) rooms for projects 1h before the meeting takes places
  • one room after meeting for OSGeo topics and one “virtual geobeer” room

AGM slide status

  • FOSS4G
    • add slides about FOSS4G future Calgary/Argentina and RFC2022
    • 2022 Italien team would like to run FOSS4G, they are working on their bid
  • ACTION: Codrina to share a document for the conference committee.

GeoNode participation in NFDI4Agriculture consortium

  • GeoNode wants to participate in this consortium, a legal entity is needed
  • Codrina sends document that explains the obligations for OSGeo.
  • ACTION: Till and Astrid to read and sum up for the board

UN Open GIS - Geo-AI consultation request

  • 11. September UN Open GIS Artificial Intelligence for Geospatial - Consultation VTC
  • Angelos could join the meeting as OSGeo president
  • We should ask the Community about the activities in Geo-AI
  • ACTION: Mail and room before/at AGM

Microsoft meeting update

  • ACTION: Mike will create account for MS and provide to potential users (SAC)

Appoint CRO for 2020 elections

FOSS4G 2021 planning update

  • ACTION: Till to ask BLOC to join next board meeting

1st Virtual UIA Associations Round Table Asia-Pacific

Proceedings Inquiry


Actions

IRC Log