Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2020-10-26"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "This board meeting is '''scheduled Monday 26 October 2020''' at [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=10&day=26&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=25...")
 
Line 18: Line 18:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Presiding:  
+
* Presiding: Angelos
* Scribing:  
+
* Scribing: Astrid
* Attending:  
+
* Attending: Angelos, Astrid, Victoria, Tom, Helena, Codrina , (a bit later: Vicky , Michael)
* Guests:  
+
* Guests: -
  
 +
===Review and approve past minutes===
 +
* [[Board_Meeting_2020-09-28]]
  
 +
Motion 1: Approve board meeting minutes for 2020-09-28
 +
* Angelos initional motion, +1
 +
* Tom second +1
 +
* Codrina +1
 +
* Helena +1
 +
* Astrid +1
 +
* Victoria +1
 +
* Vicky: +1 (a bit later)
 +
* Michael +1 (a bit later)
 +
* Result: 7 +1+1s, motion passed during the meeting
 +
* See results on loomio: ACTION ANGELOS
 +
 +
 +
=== OSGeo Virtual Code Sprint planning===
 +
* https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/97
 +
* discussion of a virtual code sprint in November 2020
 +
* doodle to find a date, by now 18 people voted
 +
* contact FOSS4G Korea and Japan:
 +
** FOSS4G Korea was not planning to host a code sprint, they are happy if we organize it the day after the conference
 +
** FOSS4G Japan is already planning to have a code sprint
 +
** suggestion one or two intro sessions. GIS day is 18 Nov and then of course also PostGIS day
 +
* Feedback OGC: OGC would be happy to do a joint sprint with OSGeo. They recommend Q1 2021, for example  January 27th, 28th and 29th.
 +
 +
* Result:
 +
* we plan two code sprint one in November 2020 and one in January together with OGC
 +
 +
 +
MOT2: Organize a virtual OSGeo Code Sprint on 17-18-19 Nov
 +
* Tom second +1
 +
* Vicky: +1
 +
* Angelos: +1
 +
* Victoria +1
 +
* Helena:+1
 +
* Codrina:+1
 +
* Astrid +1
 +
* Michael +1 (a bit later)
 +
* Result: 7+1+1s, motion passed during the meeting
 +
* See results on loomio: ACTION ANGELOS
 +
 +
MOT3: Recognize postponed Athens Code Sprint sponsors as Virtual Code Sprint sponsors and offer sponsoring opportunity for more sponsors
 +
* Helena second +1
 +
* Vicky: +1
 +
* Angelos: +1
 +
* Victoria +1
 +
* Helena:+1
 +
* Codrina:+1
 +
* Astrid +1
 +
* Michael +1 (a bit later)
 +
* Result: 7+1+1s, motion passed during the meeting
 +
* See results on loomio: ACTION ANGELOS
 +
* ACTION: Angelos to prepare draft announcement
 +
 +
 +
=== Charter member elections update ===
 +
* Charter member Nomination ended https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Member_Nominations_2020#1
 +
* Review and Voting time: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2020#Community_Review_and_voting:_2020-10-21_-_2020-10-28_.288_days.29
 +
 +
 +
=== GeoNode NFDI4Agriculture update ===
 +
* Astrid still has to work on the topic
 +
 +
===  Review action items ===
 +
* https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/
  
 
== Actions ==
 
== Actions ==
Line 31: Line 96:
  
 
* http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2020-10-26.log
 
* http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2020-10-26.log
 +
 +
 +
 +
  
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2020]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2020]]

Revision as of 09:49, 26 October 2020

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 26 October 2020 at 16:00 UTC through IRC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

  1. roll call
    • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. OSGeo Virtual Code Sprint planning
    1. FOSS4G Korea 2020
    2. FOSS4G Japan 2020
  4. Charter member elections update
  5. GeoNode NFDI4Agriculture update
  6. Review action items

Minutes

  • Presiding: Angelos
  • Scribing: Astrid
  • Attending: Angelos, Astrid, Victoria, Tom, Helena, Codrina , (a bit later: Vicky , Michael)
  • Guests: -

Review and approve past minutes

Motion 1: Approve board meeting minutes for 2020-09-28

  • Angelos initional motion, +1
  • Tom second +1
  • Codrina +1
  • Helena +1
  • Astrid +1
  • Victoria +1
  • Vicky: +1 (a bit later)
  • Michael +1 (a bit later)
  • Result: 7 +1+1s, motion passed during the meeting
  • See results on loomio: ACTION ANGELOS


OSGeo Virtual Code Sprint planning

  • https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/97
  • discussion of a virtual code sprint in November 2020
  • doodle to find a date, by now 18 people voted
  • contact FOSS4G Korea and Japan:
    • FOSS4G Korea was not planning to host a code sprint, they are happy if we organize it the day after the conference
    • FOSS4G Japan is already planning to have a code sprint
    • suggestion one or two intro sessions. GIS day is 18 Nov and then of course also PostGIS day
  • Feedback OGC: OGC would be happy to do a joint sprint with OSGeo. They recommend Q1 2021, for example January 27th, 28th and 29th.
  • Result:
  • we plan two code sprint one in November 2020 and one in January together with OGC


MOT2: Organize a virtual OSGeo Code Sprint on 17-18-19 Nov

  • Tom second +1
  • Vicky: +1
  • Angelos: +1
  • Victoria +1
  • Helena:+1
  • Codrina:+1
  • Astrid +1
  • Michael +1 (a bit later)
  • Result: 7+1+1s, motion passed during the meeting
  • See results on loomio: ACTION ANGELOS

MOT3: Recognize postponed Athens Code Sprint sponsors as Virtual Code Sprint sponsors and offer sponsoring opportunity for more sponsors

  • Helena second +1
  • Vicky: +1
  • Angelos: +1
  • Victoria +1
  • Helena:+1
  • Codrina:+1
  • Astrid +1
  • Michael +1 (a bit later)
  • Result: 7+1+1s, motion passed during the meeting
  • See results on loomio: ACTION ANGELOS
  • ACTION: Angelos to prepare draft announcement


Charter member elections update


GeoNode NFDI4Agriculture update

  • Astrid still has to work on the topic

Review action items

Actions

IRC Log