Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2020-12-28"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(added information about offboarding and link to survey)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
This board meeting is '''scheduled Monday 28 December 2020''' at [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=12&day=28&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=256&p2=286&p3=49&p4=269&p5=250&p6=37 16:00 UTC] through [https://meet.jit.si/OsgeoBoard Jitsi], a record of motions is preserved on [https://www.loomio.org/g/kdSmIwxu/osgeo-board loomio] and actions on [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues osgeo todo] issue tracker.
+
This board meeting is '''scheduled Monday 28 December 2020''' at [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=12&day=28&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=250&p2=26&p3=49&p4=155&p5=217&p6=312 16:00 UTC] through [https://meet.jit.si/OsgeoBoard Jitsi], a record of motions is preserved on [https://www.loomio.org/g/kdSmIwxu/osgeo-board loomio] and actions on [https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues osgeo todo] issue tracker.
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
Line 7: Line 7:
 
# ''roll call''
 
# ''roll call''
 
#* ''appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary''
 
#* ''appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary''
#* Meeting Chair: Till
 
#* Scribe: Till /
 
 
# ''Review and approve past minutes''
 
# ''Review and approve past minutes''
 
#* [[Board_Meeting_2020-12-07]]
 
#* [[Board_Meeting_2020-12-07]]
Line 19: Line 17:
 
## Please help to find questions
 
## Please help to find questions
 
## https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/101
 
## https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/101
 +
# OffboardingChecklist
 +
## idea to create an https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors/OffboardingChecklist
 
# Review action items
 
# Review action items
 
# ''please add items''
 
# ''please add items''
Line 24: Line 24:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Presiding:  
+
* Presiding: Till
* Scribing:  
+
* Scribing: Till/Angelos
* Attending:  
+
* Attending: Michele, Codrina, Astrid, Angelos, Tom, Helena, Vicky, Till
 +
 
 +
===Welcome new Board members===
 +
* Welcome Round to Michele
 +
* Go through Onboarding list with Michele and organize all the access
 +
 
 +
===Approve MobilityDB as a Community Project===
 +
* MobilityDB has applied to join the osgeo community project program. Incubation community reviewed/accepted application on Dec 7th [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2020-December/012801.html].
 +
* Already accepted by incubation committee.
 +
* Motion to approve on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/i6gzQpBn/accept-mobilitydb-as-an-osgeo-community-project
 +
* Status: pending
 +
 
 +
===HOTOSM Board 2 Board meeting planning===
 +
* Miriam sent an email on Conf-List and want to connect with OSGeo
 +
* First have a meeting and introduce OSGeo and hear, what HOTOSM does.
 +
* Then perhaps have a MOU with HOTOSM
 +
* Codrina will be the point of contact to HOTOSM.
 +
* ACTION: Propose dates for a first meeting with HOTOSM. Codrina to schedule a meeting
 +
 
 +
===OSGeo Educational Challenge===
 +
* The organizers ask for money for the challenge, postponed to the general budget planning (see 7.)
 +
 
 +
===2021 Budget planning===
 +
* Angelos added a link to the 2021 spread sheet as draft (based on the 2020 sheet).
 +
* We need a date for this meeting (e.g. 2hrs): 18th of January 16hrs-19hrs UTC
 +
* ACTION: Angelos to draft email to the community and ask for the budget of projects/communities and send it to the board for approval. Done: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/102#issuecomment-9024
 +
* ACTION: Michael to update the spreadsheet [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oCPkFj8yHzZ_-CXFMa5UlfKruG9qA8ZdlfbJMeF1LoI/edit#gid=0] with the actual numbers.
 +
 
 +
===Community Survey===
 +
* Astrid asks for collaboration on the survey. Planned for February/March. Board agrees to go ahead with that.
 +
* https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/101
 +
 
 +
=== OffboardingChecklist ===
 +
* idea to create an Offboarding Checklist
 +
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors/OffboardingChecklist
  
  
 
== Actions ==
 
== Actions ==
 
* https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/
 
* https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/
 
  
 
== IRC Log ==
 
== IRC Log ==
 
 
* http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2020-12-28.log
 
* http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2020-12-28.log
 
 
  
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2020]]
 
[[Category:Board Meetings 2020]]

Latest revision as of 01:17, 29 December 2020

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 28 December 2020 at 16:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

  1. roll call
    • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. Welcome new Board members [1]
  4. MobilityDB has applied to join the osgeo community project program. Incubation community reviewed/accepted application on Dec 7th [2].
  5. HOTOSM Board 2 Board meeting planning [3]
  6. OSGeo Educational Challenge - see email for details
  7. 2021 Budget planning [4]
  8. Community Survey:
    1. Please help to find questions
    2. https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/101
  9. OffboardingChecklist
    1. idea to create an https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors/OffboardingChecklist
  10. Review action items
  11. please add items

Minutes

  • Presiding: Till
  • Scribing: Till/Angelos
  • Attending: Michele, Codrina, Astrid, Angelos, Tom, Helena, Vicky, Till

Welcome new Board members

  • Welcome Round to Michele
  • Go through Onboarding list with Michele and organize all the access

Approve MobilityDB as a Community Project

HOTOSM Board 2 Board meeting planning

  • Miriam sent an email on Conf-List and want to connect with OSGeo
  • First have a meeting and introduce OSGeo and hear, what HOTOSM does.
  • Then perhaps have a MOU with HOTOSM
  • Codrina will be the point of contact to HOTOSM.
  • ACTION: Propose dates for a first meeting with HOTOSM. Codrina to schedule a meeting

OSGeo Educational Challenge

  • The organizers ask for money for the challenge, postponed to the general budget planning (see 7.)

2021 Budget planning

  • Angelos added a link to the 2021 spread sheet as draft (based on the 2020 sheet).
  • We need a date for this meeting (e.g. 2hrs): 18th of January 16hrs-19hrs UTC
  • ACTION: Angelos to draft email to the community and ask for the budget of projects/communities and send it to the board for approval. Done: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/102#issuecomment-9024
  • ACTION: Michael to update the spreadsheet [6] with the actual numbers.

Community Survey

OffboardingChecklist


Actions

IRC Log