Board Meeting FOSS4G2007
The OSGeo Board of Directors will meet in a face-to-face meeting prior to the FOSS4G2007 conference event. Space is limited to accomodate the board only. General OSGeo meeting / discussion will be possible during Annual General Meeting the following day.
- When: Sunday, September 23rd, 9am - 5pm
- Where: Harbour Towers Meeting Room - 203
- Breakfast, lunch and morning/afternoon foods and beverages will be provided
These are suggested items and not a final agenda.
- Review and Update of OSGeo Priorities
- Budget Preparation for 2008
- Financial management / treasurer discussion (Ken Tamura available for call in, scheduled for 11am)
- Review of sponsorship programme - who the sponsors are, who could be approached, what seem to be their expectations of value in return
- 2008 Conference program, local conferences
- Possibility of and conditions around support fund for OSGeo members to get to conferences
- Whether and how well the current committee structure is working to coordinate Foundation activities
- Report from ED and overview of following year position
- Sustainable Funding
- Review of Current Model
- Discuss Conference Driven Model
- Discuss Certification Driven Model
- Revisit and better define membership roles
- Francophone Local Chapter to present their proposal to form officially (Vincent Picavet & Yves Jacolin scheduled to come at 4pm)
- Legal situation with GeoTools in particular, access to legal support generally.
Who is planning to attend...
- Tyler Mitchell
- Dave McIlhagga
- Frank Warmerdam
- Paul Ramsey
- Subject to conference needs...
- Arnulf Christl
- Bob Bray
- Jo Walsh
- Jeroen Ticheler
- Chris Holmes
Who is planning to virtually attend (given there is Voip possible)...
- Markus Neteler