Difference between revisions of "Board of Directors"
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
== Meetings ==
== Meetings ==
; Next meeting: [[Board Meeting 2012-07-12]]
; Next meeting:
[[Board Meeting 2012-07-12]]
Revision as of 08:57, 11 June 2012
OSGeo Foundation Board of Directors
Period: July 2010 - July 2012
Period: September 2011 - August 2013
- Next meeting
- Previous meetings
- Board Meeting 2012-06-07
- Board Meeting 2012-05-10
- Board Meeting 2012-04-19
- Board Meeting 2012-03-22
- Face to Face Meeting Seattle 2012 2012-02-04 and 2012-02-05
- Executive Positions and Director Responsibilities
- Election 2009: Board Election 2009, see 2009 section of Proposed Board Election Procedure
- Election 2008: Board Election 2008, see 2008 section of Proposed Board Election Procedure
- Executive Director (rough ideas), Executive Director Job Description
- Election 2007: Board Election 2007, see 2007 section of Proposed Board Election Procedure
- Foundation Sponsorship (adopted), Project Sponsorship (adopted), Local Chapter Sponsorship (idea)
- Conflict Of Interest Policy
The http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board mailing list is used for most public board discussions. There is also a private board mailing list used only for matters that are considered needful to be kept private.
Previous OSGeo Foundation Boards of Directors
An interim Board of Directors with 5 members was elected on February 4th, 2006, by the initial members of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation. On March 18th, 2006, the board has been completed to now total nine members:
- Board of Directors 2011 (Aug. 2011 - Aug. 2012)
- Board of Directors 2010 (Aug. 2010 - Aug. 2011)
- Board of Directors 2009 (Sept. 2009 - Aug. 2010)
- Board of Directors 2008 (July 2008 - Sept. 2009)
- Board of Directors 2007 (Aug. 2007 - July 2008)
- Interim Board of Directors 2006 (Feb. 2006 - July 2007)
Q: What do board members do?
Q: That doc doesn't say anything about meetings. How often to board members meet?
A: The foundation bylaws say the board meets after the after the annual members meeting and then at regular meetings on a schedule fixed by directors. In practice, the board schedules monthly meetings in addition to the annual face-to-face meeting after the AGM at the FOSS4G conference.
Q: How are board decisions made?
A: The bylaws (section 4.5) describe that a majority of members must be present for an event to be considered a meeting. At a meeting, each member present is given one vote. Strictly speaking (according to the bylaws) an affirmative vote by the majority of members present at a meeting constitutes a decision by the board. In practice, we don't consider a motion passed if there are any negative votes (TODO: document the +1, +0, -0, -1 voting procedure if needed).
Q: Is an IRC gathering a meeting?
A: The bylaws (section 4.4) say that an electronic medium may be used and an event will constitute a meeting if members can hear one another at the same time. In practice, we often have IRC meetings and then have a vote by voice if there are items that need voting on (TODO: document the convention on email voting if this is an alternative to voice voting).